Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2006 sswc RockStar
Joined
·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after riding an azure a few weeks back ( and loving it ) i need some inspiration, been offered an azure frame minus shock for peanuts,would build it as weight weenie XC race rig, anyone else done one? what about putting the DT swiss carbon shock on there rather than a fox?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
I race mine. It's around 26.5 lbs with pedals with a beefy front tire (2.3 Ignitor: 770g). Oh, mine's set up as a 1x9. Hate the granny and I'd rather have the extra clearance than the big ring. I NEVER see Azures at the races. Honestly I can't think of one I've seen all year, but I passed 6 riders on the final climb Sunday, and that was at least partly due to my kick-ass suspension.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
NJ-XC-Justin said:
That's right. I race the H2H series along with some endurance races here in NJ/NY. You too?
No I rode with a guy yesterday in my bike group that said he saw someone racing "my" bike. I was like yea thats Justin we go way back, lol. His name is Jamie a smaller guy and very tan, was probably on a grey Giant Trance and he said he placed 7th in the Sport class. What class are you and what did you place? And did you see or pass a guy that fits that description?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
RockadileSX said:
No I rode with a guy yesterday in my bike group that said he saw someone racing "my" bike. I was like yea thats Justin we go way back, lol. His name is Jamie a smaller guy and very tan, was probably on a grey Giant Trance and he said he placed 7th in the Sport class. What class are you and what did you place? And did you see or pass a guy that fits that description?
Don't know the guy. I was 7th in Sport 30-34. Not my best race but it was a fun day and fast course.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
NJ-XC-Justin said:
mine's set up as a 1x9. Hate the granny and I'd rather have the extra clearance than the big ring. .
Don't let your mom's mom hear you say that.

Justin I'm curious if the front derailleur hitting the chainstay in granny ring was one of the reasons you decided to change to 1x9.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
handy-andy said:
Justin I'm curious if the front derailleur hitting the chainstay in granny ring was one of the reasons you decided to change to 1x9.
Nope, just never liked front derailluers and at some point I realized that the middle ring covers about 6 or 7 of the other two ring's 9 gears, so I just took that business off. Now it's lighter, quieter, more clearance, more fun and I'm faster (remove the granny and watch your leg strength increase). I can't see ever going back to 18 or 27 gears unless I'm on the road.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top