Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you fellow Airborne riders have any suggestions for shoulder protection? I'm looking for something to just cover up the shoulders/clavicle area. Not very interested in the full body armor that covers chest and back, any suggestions welcome!
Thanks!

·
CoolArrow
2,473 Posts
Not familiar with much like that. Dainese has a pretty extensive range of safety gear, maybe look them up?

I would think protection requires more support from surrounding areas like armored chest and shoulders, which is why I bet you don't see just shoulder/clavicle protection too much. If at all? I think they make one for hockey players, but it looks sort of restrictive.

Sadly sometimes, no matter what you do, something is going to break, riding IS dangerous. :( A very experienced, well rounded and skilled buddy here just broke his in a "freak" accident: pedal caught a rock as speed on a familiar trail, but still - down he went.

·
Registered
23 Posts
SHoulder protection

Any of you fellow Airborne riders have any suggestions for shoulder protection? I'm looking for something to just cover up the shoulders/clavicle area. Not very interested in the full body armor that covers chest and back, any suggestions welcome!
Thanks!
I saw some Lacrosse body armor that only covers the shoulders, clavicles, upper chest. Check into that. It should be pretty comfy and less restrictive.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Same thing happened to me on my Guardian, Hit a loose patch of sand/rock..BAM OTB and in the hospital for 4 days with a severely broken Humerus and dislocated shoulder. Point is, it could happen regardless.. Body Airbags are about the only thing that would save you. If such a thing existed. :)

Edit: I looked it up, they DO exist, but.....nah. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts