Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got home from riding the ther day, I had a real weird pain in my upper left arm, felt like I had worked the muscle too hard or something. It was a pretty typical day, did two of the loops at the Competitive Track (AZ) but took a somewhat different path, like on downhill sections, I took to the rockier areas, instead of the smoother-commonly used path.

Anyway, so eventually the 'muscle pain' wore off, but now my shoulder is all messed up, when I stretch my arm out to the side-palm down, and then turn the palm of my hand up, I can only make it about halfway before the pain is too intense. I can't streth it backwards too far without the same pain, a couple other movements hurt, too. It doesn't feel like any sort of muscle pain, feels like I have a tendon caught in the rotator cup, but what the hell do I know... The pain is right in the dead center-far left of the top of the shoulder. I've been icing it regularly and been taking an old prescription of ibuprofen 800mg as an anti-inflamatory.

Has anyone ever had something similar happen after a rocky day of riding? How long does it take to heal? When can I ride again!?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Kinda hard to diagnose over the net but mechanism and symptoms sound eerily like subacromial impingement,ie pinching of the supraspinatus muscle(one of the rotator cuff muscles)between the acromion and the humeral head. Very common injury and fairly easy to treat. Again, hard to do over the net but check out a good orthopedic PT in your area and get it treated so you acn get back to riding!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks KTMA, I thought it had something to do with a muscle/tendon in the rotator cuff. Since he post my shoulder has gotten much better, no pain, but every once in a while, if I give a lot of activity to that shouder the pain slightly comes back. I've only been able to go out a couple times and only on rough terrain does it start hurting again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.