Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
fight the system
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I recently bought a HID Moab Niterider light and found it to flicker a strange red hue when burning the HID light over rough descents. The light doesn’t seem to cut out but the ultra quick flash of red is a bit dimmer and made me think I was hallucinating when I first started seeing it. I’m quite sure now I wasn’t imagining things and am curious if anyone else's Nightrider HID does the same thing or is my a wee bit defective?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think its normal...

jakomonster said:
Hi,
I recently bought a HID Moab Niterider light and found it to flicker a strange red hue when burning the HID light over rough descents. The light doesn't seem to cut out but the ultra quick flash of red is a bit dimmer and made me think I was hallucinating when I first started seeing it. I'm quite sure now I wasn't imagining things and am curious if anyone else's Nightrider HID does the same thing or is my a wee bit defective?
I previously had a MOAB, and it did the same thing over rough spots in the trail (though it turned more yellow than red). I have a pair of L&M ARC LiOn Ultras, and they do something similar. I have heard people say it is common with HID lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.