Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Giant STP 06
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Should I Wait Longer? New Bike

Alright, I'm going to be getting a Giant Faith when I have the money. Right now I have 1000 dollars, and I'm going to be getting a job soon. I'm also going to try to mow lawns, wash cars, and all that 15 year old stuff.

Should I just save up 1000 more and get the Faith 3, or save 1500 and get the Faith 2? I'm leaning towards the Faith 2, because of all the component differences, and I dont want to need to upgrade a lot of things later on, mainly just the drivetrain. I would also rather have a better fork and rear shock, so I dont feel the need to upgrade them later.

So, it's Faith 3 and ride more, or wait a little longer and get the better Faith 2.

I'm probably going for the Faith 2, but I just want more opinions so I know exactly what I'm going for.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
If the Faith 2 has the components you want and don't mind waiting a few extra paychecks to get $500 more than you'd need for the Faith3 then go for it. It seems that the price isnt' that much of a difference here so I'd definitely go with the Faith2 if you don't mind waiting a little bit.

·
Giant STP 06
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, I'm bikeless, I had to sell it to get the money. I sold it during a bike sale at a shop, I didnt want to risk not having it sold later on. I have $700 store credit at the shop now, so I have to buy from there. It's not bad though, they dont sell by msrp like the other shops. And they stock Faiths :cool:

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
KonaStinky05 said:
Oh yeah, I'm bikeless, I had to sell it to get the money. I sold it during a bike sale at a shop, I didnt want to risk not having it sold later on. I have $700 store credit at the shop now, so I have to buy from there. It's not bad though, they dont sell by msrp like the other shops. And they stock Faiths :cool:
That's pretty cool man! Nice that you can get store credit as well as hookups. :)

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
Faith 3 has rear shock is manitou metal...not the top of the line shock...front is drop off triple crown

Faith 2 is way better with jr T and 4 way swinger...way better........

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Faith 3 has rear shock is manitou metal...not the top of the line shock...front is drop off triple crown

Faith 2 is way better with jr T and 4 way swinger...way better........
Not so much...Drop off triple is a jr T, more or less, and the metal is like a non-spv swinger, it's just not proven yet.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Red Bull said:
Faith 1 is much better with a 66rc and a DHX4...way better........
I think that's a bit beyond how long he wants to save up though.

·
konabiker said:
Not so much...Drop off triple is a jr T, more or less, and the metal is like a non-spv swinger, it's just not proven yet.
Drop off Triple:
DAMPING SYSTEMOpen Bath dual SSV System
ADJUSTABILITY
  • PL
  • Dual External Air Preload Adjuster
SPRING TYPE
  • One side: Coil
  • One side: Air

Jr. T:
DAMPING SYSTEM
  • Dual SSV System
  • Open Bath
ADJUSTABILITY
  • PL
  • External Preload Adjustment
SPRING TYPECoil springs

Konabiker- sort of the same- but slightly different...

The Manitou Metel:

Weight:
445 grams
Damping:
Platform Plus
Adjustments:
Preload, Rebound
Damper Shaft:
Steel
Bushings:
Steel/Teflon
Options:
Offered as an OE shock only, not available in the aftermarket
Package:
Inline

Both are excellent bikes. The frames are exactly the same. I can't personqally go a few days withoput riding a bike- so I'd get the 3- then slowly upgrade to to my dream parts as money allowed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.