Votes: 4 21.1%
  • other.

Votes: 4 21.1%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, I bought it. hated the build on it. so I was going to swap out the fork/brakes, then I realized that the bike weighed 42 pounds. 42 pounds is heavier than my DH fully. so I scraped it and am now building a AM SS out of some of the parts.

but now I have this frame sitting around. I was going to make it into a DH hardtail. maybe like a zocchi 888VF if I found one for cheap. but then again, I've got my really nice DH/FR fully that I could use for that. and if I wanted to DH ride a hardtail, I'm sure the P.2 would be up for it. (not with a 888 of course though)

so I dont know what to do with this. I kind of need the money, would be nice to upgrade the wheelset on my fully. like a set of outlaws. and possibly a new fork for my AM bike.

so should I keep this ? or should I just sell it to someone. its really never been used. just was a little more bike than I was looking for (wanted it as a heavy AM bike)

should I sell it ? yes ? no ? give reasons :p thanks.

Attachments

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, the crankset/bash/BB are mine. only thing that comes with it is seat collar clamp and headset.

tacubaya; yes, amazing frame it certainly is. but its WAY too much for AM riding. I'm building up a much better bike for that purpose now.

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Ok then sell it for 250-300 max.

Chimpira-Bakutos are da shitznitz, I think they would hold the Clutch Drop with SMT riding it :eekster:

I use it for everything, and i mean everything, from XC to FR, from 4x to Urban and trips to the grocery store :eek:

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Acadian said:
42lbs? come on now... were you running cement in your tubes? ;)

35lbs maybe...but 42lbs?
mine was 42, had these like 26X1.0 innertubes in it that the stupid company I bought it from had it in. but to make the innertubes work, they put these thick rubber things in the tire, to reduce the size of the tire from a 2.3 to a 1.0 :rolleyes: wont buy another bike from them. that was most of the weight right there.

·
Me hates pinchflat
2,415 Posts
todd_freeride said:
yea, the crankset/bash/BB are mine. only thing that comes with it is seat collar clamp and headset.

tacubaya; yes, amazing frame it certainly is. but its WAY too much for AM riding. I'm building up a much better bike for that purpose now.
I use it for AM pretty ok.. With some lighter parts and a capable AM fork, I thing it would be a very nice AM Ht.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.