Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i am thinking about selling my MC to make room for a full on race cross bike, should i do it? i really like it, but have been really, really into cross racing the last year. its pic is in the montercross thread. i am torn. oh what to do..

thanks

rick

·
Registered
842 Posts
Alright, I give. What exactly is "monstercross"? From what I can tell it appears to be a cyclocross bike with larger tires. If that's the case how does it differ from a fully rigid 29er MTB? Drop bars vs. flat bars, anyting else?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Do not sell

Good cross frames and road stuff are cheap on ebay. You only need a light alu frame and tubular wheels for sure.
I would not sell MC unless you can get a lot for it.

·
Just Wanna Ride!
1,374 Posts
Sell it and pick up the bike you want, and will ride more. Life is too short to have it hanging around in your garage collecting dust when there is someone else out there that will ride it and enjoy it.

If you can afford it, then buy what you want and stimulate the economy. :D

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
subluxation said:
hey guys, i am thinking about selling my MC to make room for a full on race cross bike, should i do it? i really like it, but have been really, really into cross racing the last year. its pic is in the montercross thread. i am torn. oh what to do..

thanks

rick
Why not just get some really nice light wheels and a couple of other components to make the MC into a respectable racer? You will DEFINATELY regret selling it for a flavor-of-the-month cyclocross bike. Will a 2 lb lighter cross race bike really make you that much faster? I think not!

Mark

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the geometry is different

matt built it as a drop bar fixie but with canti studs. i did race it in 07 and had a SS primus mootry built and it handles way different, so i was going to get a matching bike but with gears since i will be racing with the 1,2,3's next year. i have a number of light tubulars.

thanks for all the input guys, i knew where to go for help!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.