Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a middle-aged medium O2 with a Marz Z.2 Atom Race and a the stock Fox Vanilla RC. My LBS recommended the Push modification to the Fox.

Here's my question. When I've used the lock-out on the Fox the bike sets up a distinct bobbing motion. I'm mostly a roadbiker, so it's unlikely that the problem is a choppy pedal stroke. My concern is that whatever causes this bobbing when the rear shock is locked out will create the same effect with the Push-ed shock.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this--or any experience with the Push modification on an 02 or XCE.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
What bobs? You, the shock (within the mm or two it still moves when locked), the fork, or what? When the shock is active, is there is no bobbing, or you just don't "feel" it?

If your O2 has longer crank arms than your road bike, you may have a smooth pedal stroke on the road and not even realize you have a slight bounce on the O2.

Adding platform to a shock is one benefit to the newer shock technology, but not nearly as impressive as the incredible improvements in overall compression dampening you see in shocks nowadays imo. You could request a very mild platform from Push and describe your reservations to them. That is what I will do when I send my Vanilla in soon.

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
luis said:
I've got a middle-aged medium O2 with a Marz Z.2 Atom Race and a the stock Fox Vanilla RC. My LBS recommended the Push modification to the Fox.

Here's my question. When I've used the lock-out on the Fox the bike sets up a distinct bobbing motion. I'm mostly a roadbiker, so it's unlikely that the problem is a choppy pedal stroke. My concern is that whatever causes this bobbing when the rear shock is locked out will create the same effect with the Push-ed shock.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this--or any experience with the Push modification on an 02 or XCE.
I know that feeling, it's you bouncing from the shock not moving anymore. That feeling is not there with platform valving, it absorbs it but still feels firm under power. I have not ridden a Pushed shock, but I've ridden a Romic and now Curnutt.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I agree with the last post, I tried a lockout and really didn't like it due to the odd bounce feel. My pushed Burner has none of this, plus you can adjust the stable platform on the Push'ed shock to reduce it's stable platform if you want. I highly recomend it.

·
roots, rocks, rhythm
A little of this and that........nothing cheap! Try to buy local, which is really hard!
917 Posts
I would have to agree with all those that have responded.
I pushed my RFX and it was quite noticeable the improvement while pedaling and there was less bob.
On road or off road it was very noticeable, for me anyways.
Just got to let push know what type of riding your going to do and your riding wieght.
You won't regret it........ :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.