Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SB with a 5.25" kit and a Fox AVA shock. I like the extra travel and plushness I get with this setup over the 4.5" and Float R I had on it before. Also I'm 200 lbs and was a bit too heavy to properly tune and set the sag for the 4.5" Float R combination.

One issue I have with the 5.25" and AVA combination is the extra bob I get out of it, esp. on the climbs. I was thinking I could put the old shock and links back on it while I send the AVA out to get PUSHed. Other option is to sell the AVA and get an RP3.

Anyone PUSH their AVA? Is it worth the $150, or should I get the Rp3?

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Absolutely!

Unless you feel you need the extra feature of adjustable ProPedal, the PUSH tuned AVA will be a much better option at less than half the price of a new RP3. The PUSH will be tuned just for you and your bike rather than the one size fits all Fox. They can custom tune the platform to your liking so that it pedals well, doesn't squat on the climbs but still feels like butter on the trail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.