Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sinister Bandwagon
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating weather or not to do a 7 set of stairs but dunno if i will make it even if i do dunno is my chase 3 with an Argyle 409 will be ok?? i can do a 5 set fine sometimes my chain pops off after landing but other than that I'm fine. :confused:

So question do u think i would be safe to go for it? Also if i complete the 7 set should i got for for this 11 set the only bad thing about it is the landing slopes down to the left :mad:

heres a link to see my bike wat u think will it hold up??

https://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z166/dirtjumper202/?action=view&current=100_3582.jpg

·
Registered
385 Posts
Nice look'n bike.....your bike will be fine on a 7 step and above if you learn good tech. The trick to stairs is speed...the slower you go the harder the landing. Like SandyP1 said landing on the back wheel helps but you don't have to manual out of it. Try rolling down the stairs a few times to get a feel for speed and clearance. You will see some of the 26' wheel guys take 20 steps, jumping half and rolling out the other half (looks sick on a steep staircase). Just commit to what your doing, if your going slow enough to stop at the edge your going too slow - and remember not to hold your breath and stay calm/positive.

·
AKA; Jimmy Tango
804 Posts
pedal your brains out! Commit to it and you'll be fine. Fortunatley for you, you have gears, so getting some speed is easy, I run SS, sometimes I'll clip the last step on first attempts. And yes, your frame is ready for it, so pin it!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You'll have no problem. If you don't feel ready... Hit the 5 set untill you're completely comfortable, then move up and hit the 7 set untill you're comfortable, then eventually you will be ready for the 11. Just keep working in progression.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
hmmm, how far out does this seven set go? If your flatland hop will clear about half the distance I think you will be fine unless things all go screwey and you lose control of your front wheel when you land . . . that's what's gotten me the most of everything as far as crashes off the bike when I was learning the bike control I have now . . .

now when stairs get really big I don't think this may be applicable, cause then there is a much bigger fall and height . . .

as far as the 11 set, land on the slopes man! none of that ugly flat landing and all that nice transition! :thumbsup:

·
40 oz to freedom
1,049 Posts
7 stairs isnt that big, but yeah your bike will definitely hold up to it. Try to 3 it, or t-whip it Aaron Ross style :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.