Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do people with a 5" love the way it feels on the Blur and does anyone with a 4" wish they had a 5"? Everyone around here has a 4" fork but i want to get either a Minute 1 or 3 because i love SPV and am a big advocate. So is the extra weight worth it and Minute 1 or 3?

-TS

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TheSherpa said:
Do people with a 5" love the way it feels on the Blur and does anyone with a 4" wish they had a 5"? Everyone around here has a 4" fork but i want to get either a Minute 1 or 3 because i love SPV and am a big advocate. So is the extra weight worth it and Minute 1 or 3?

-TS
Oh and it would be going onto a large.

-TS

·
A little of everything
478 Posts
I will let you all know if the Maverick works on the Blur when I get it in a couple of weeks. If it doesn't I will run it in the 4" mode. By lowering the pressure, I will work as any other 4" fork.

·
Monkey
329 Posts
I've been running a Talas on my Blur since spring. For normal trailriding I usually leave it at around 4.5 inch travel, down to 4 when climbing gets steep and technical, and 5 for long abrupt downhill.

I would love to try a Minute 1 on the Blur since I already have SPV in the back with a 5th.

Go for it, the large frame headtube is long enough you shouldn't worry.

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jozz said:
I've been running a Talas on my Blur since spring. For normal trailriding I usually leave it at around 4.5 inch travel, down to 4 when climbing gets steep and technical, and 5 for long abrupt downhill.

I would love to try a Minute 1 on the Blur since I already have SPV in the back with a 5th.

Go for it, the large frame headtube is long enough you shouldn't worry.
Alright, i'm still undecided between Minute 1 or 3 but i'll probably go for the 3 for weight.

-TS

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
I also have a Talas and usually leave it in 4" mode. I've only ridden it at 5" once, and that was to ride this.

I did try the fork down at 80mm a couple of times and wow does the HA feel steep, but then again I'm used to running bikes with relatively slack HAs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.