Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have the Dart 1 forks on my Yukon, and I'm not sure if I should bump up to something slightly better. They've bottomed out a few times on me, but I don't know if I should be worried about that. I do jumps every once in a while and ride on XC trails if that helps.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Dart 1 is a basic fork, but rather than changing the fork you should check if the spring is the right one for your weight.
Most forks have spring kits according to the rider's weight. Check that with your LBS.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well my LBS isn't too local... its about an hour away, a pain in the ass to go to. I weigh about 185-190.

Also, whats the difference in higher end forks/suspension? Like what exactly do they do differently from others?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Giant Gdawg said:
I weigh about 185-190.
That's pretty much standard. You should write to RockShox and ask what is the right spring for your weight.

Giant Gdawg said:
Also, whats the difference in higher end forks/suspension? Like what exactly do they do differently from others?
The differences are many.
Some of them have more features (lockout, motion control, rebound adjust, etc).
Others have air instead of a spring, which is lighter and allows you to fine tune the pressure.
In general they are much lighter than the less expensive ones, and stiffer.
And generally they are more sensitive to small bumps.
And they have better seals and dust caps, so they are more reliable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.