Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1993 Univega Alpina 5.3 that I put a 1998 rock shock Judy on was stolen. I liked that bike a lot. I rode the hell out of it and never had any problems. I've looked around and I'm liking the GT Zaskar. My question is this. Is this a good replacement or would there be something better? I like riding a combo of it all. Some downhill (nothing crazy), technical trails, fire roads, and the occasional casual ride around the neighborhood with the lady.

Performance down the road has a 2006 I ordered for $949.97 +tax. It is 1199 originally. Guess I just want some reassurance that it is the right bike. It felt good when I test rode one last month... Thanks in advance for your input.

Ryan

·
ride hard take risks
25,256 Posts

·
Freshly Fujified
8,196 Posts
It's a nice bike

byathread said:
Performance down the road has a 2006 I ordered for $949.97 +tax. It is 1199 originally. Guess I just want some reassurance that it is the right bike. It felt good when I test rode one last month... Thanks in advance for your input.

Ryan
If you like the bike, then it's the right bike. If you can cancel the Performance order, you may want to consider this source for the same bike and save some money:

http://www.thebicycleoutlet.com/ind...8&category_id=77&option=com_phpshop&Itemid=32

Keep in mind, this is a 2005, not a 2006. Still a great deal.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.