Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a 2005 Sherman Slider Plus for a un-believeable price. I was wondering if I should go for it?

I currently ride a Z150 Drop Off. Will the dampning upgrade be better, or worse?

Let me know!

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
if you ride

fast stutter bumps, this fork will need work. If you're doing slow technical, it's OK. It's cheap for a reason; it doesn't work well and is discontinued. Jim (yes I have one, rebuilt, revalved, and finally an OK fork. OK, not great.)

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
It's better for hucking. It'll be a little harsh on the DH. SPV Evolve tends to make the travel feel notchy (though it's better than the original SPV). I believe you can also retrofit the fork with TPC.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
JimC. said:
fast stutter bumps, this fork will need work. If you're doing slow technical, it's OK. It's cheap for a reason; it doesn't work well and is discontinued. Jim (yes I have one, rebuilt, revalved, and finally an OK fork. OK, not great.)
Discontinued because Manitou realized that SPV was horrible when applied to long-travel forks. The Sherman line was replaced by the Travis line. The fork was great with TPC, and the new Travis will use TPC+ in some and Intrisnic in others. Both are great dampeners.

Retrofit it with TPC and you'll notice an immediate difference.

I don't like Marzocchi anymore... They've refused warranty on three of the forks I've broken. And they either provide a BS explanation or no explaination at all.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Raptordude said:
I can get a 2005 Sherman Slider Plus for a un-believeable price. I was wondering if I should go for it?

I currently ride a Z150 Drop Off. Will the dampning upgrade be better, or worse?

Let me know!
The drop off is ssv, no?

Anything is better than SSV IMHO

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
i say go for it man it seems liek you want to get it. if it was me and i had the choice of it, and a super t i would go super t onyl cuzz marzocchi rules all. my freind just got one for his bike really cheap also i know he loves it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts