Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found another bike. This times its a Cannondale F3?

I've never heard of a F3 before. I've heard of a F29 though. Is there a difference?

Here's the link:
2011 19" CANNONDALE F3

Also, Thanks again guys. You've been super helpful. I just hope I'm not getting to be a bother asking all these questions about these bikes.

Like I said really dont know much about them. And my budget only allows me to get a decent bike if I find a good used one.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it looks like its at the top of that price group at $550.
But this one comes with the lefty front fork.

·
Turns right, slides left
662 Posts
Well it looks like its at the top of that price group at $550.
But this one comes with the lefty front fork.
The Blue Book $549 - $565 price range is for the same bike, with a lefty, in new condition. If this is the bike you want, your price negotiation should be focused on not paying new condition money for a 6 to 7 year old 9 speed 26" MTB. If it was me, I would walk away from anything over $425.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the bike is being sold by a dealer. So I dont think I could get them to go too much lower on price. I might be able to get them to go $475-$500 if I print its blue book value.

The bike does look really clean. And I do actually like the lefty's when they are in good condition.

I actually did not know it was a 26". I would have preferred it to be a 29 or 27.5.

But its hard to find bikes like these in good shape. And its right in my price range too.

·
Yeah!
1,457 Posts
Found another bike. This times its a Cannondale F3?

I've never heard of a F3 before. I've heard of a F29 though. Is there a difference?
In 2010 the Trail SL frame was built into "F" bikes, with the following number determined by the trim level. My F5 came with cheaper components than the F3 (by a wide margin), but the bike was only $700, Vs the $1300 on the tag of the last F3 in the shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts