Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding bikes my entire life but I have just started riding more seriously. My riding style is enduro. I currently have a 2008 Kona Cowan which is heavy and not the best for the type of riding I do. My current buget for a new bike is $1200. I found a 2008 specialzed pitch pro for sale close to where I live. I can get it for $1000. Should I buy it and if so should a spend the extra $200 dollars on upgrades? If so which would suit this bike. ie. maybe I could make it a 2x10.
pitch pro.jpg

·
Chris Bling
2,585 Posts
I am not a specialized fan, but it does sound like an upgrade over what you have.

On the flipside, if you are happy riding your old bike, maybe a little facelift is all you need to rekindle the spark :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
for a grand that's good bike, they originally marketed that bike as all mountain, more affordable than the enduro. something with more travel over the stumpjumer. its has a plush fsr linkage and the old pike. my biggest worry would be that if its not been beat on too bad. if the pivots are in good shape, and the shock and fork have been maintained.
it is older but still a good geometry and decently specd bike. I would see if hes willing to go with you and have a reputable shop take a look at it. see what your looking at as far as wear and tear and possible future costs. especially before you blindly cough up a grand, if they give you the green that's atleast some peace of mind.

not to scare you but any aluminum bike is subject to metal fatigue. I have personally broken a frame and im not hucker, I do weigh 190. buying used is one of those things, did he maintain it well, does it look abused, was it ridden hard or light, a lot of reading between the lines if you know what I mean.

if it was ridden hard for 6 years I d say stay away. if it was ridden occasionally would be a different story. goodluck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts