Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been thinking about buying this bike for a few years now, admittedly mostly because it's a cool-looking Cinelli that isn't imported to North America. Its 10.7 kg weight translates to 23.6 pounds, and on the Cinelli website it says that the whole frame is Columbus. With the current exchange rate, it would be about $1,280, including shipping. What do you think, is it worth it?!

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
If I saw that on the street, I wouldn't recognize it as a cool-looking Cinelli. I'd just see another hybrid.

IMO, road bikes are better for almost anything a hybrid can do, and if you're riding off-road, 'cross bikes are kind of like a hybrid's older, more athletic sibling. You can probably get at least a Tiagra, maybe even a 105 spec. for the money you're looking at spending.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That thing is so dope... Pricing wise, not a good deal at all - you could have a high end Trek FX, Fisher Mendota, or one of the interesting ones from LaPierre or BMC for that money...

But that bike looks amazing. And nobody else will have it... but in terms of 'value' for what you get, not great. Maybe get a less expensive hybrid, and have the paint redone to look like the Cinelli? At the price, there wouldn't be much difference, and you'd end up with better component spec anyway...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, you're probably all right, I've just got my usual late-winter "I want a new bike" cabin fever. But for $1,500, I could get a Kona PhD equipped with 105, that weighs about 2 pounds less than the Cinelli... just wish the PhD came in a color other than white!

·
WooHoo Biking!!!!
205 Posts
I was looking at the Kona site and it looks like they are not making the PhD for 2011. I have a 2009 Trek 7.7FX and it is awesome! A little more expensive, but it rides great. I ride it more than my carbon road bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.