Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey guys, i have a question and figured you are the best to ask. i have not been riding for that long and i have a 2005 haro extreme x2. I want somthing a little more serious for mostly freeriding and jumping and a guy in my town is selling a 2003 Big Hit Comp with the upgraded link that gives you 8.5" travel, Marzzochi junior T fork for $1000, that is all i know so far. Does this sound like a good buy? Is this a bike i should consider? Thanks

Attachments

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
krist003 said:
Hey guys, i have a question and figured you are the best to ask. i have not been riding for that long and i have a 2005 haro extreme x2. I want somthing a little more serious for mostly freeriding and jumping and a guy in my town is selling a 2003 Big Hit Comp with the upgraded link that gives you 8.5" travel, Marzzochi junior T fork for $1000, that is all i know so far. Does this sound like a good buy? Is this a bike i should consider? Thanks
That's not too bad. Junior T's not a bad fork at all. What's the rest of the build like? How much use has it seen?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
You'll love it!!

Coming from your Haro, you be amazed on how different a true FR/DH bike feels and how it just pushes your confidence envelope.

Bighits are excellent beginner/veteran bikes. You won't regret it.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
great deal and coming from your bike would be night and day....might want to look into changing cartridges and making the fork a super T....definately get it

·
Specialized Rida
815 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
great deal and coming from your bike would be night and day....might want to look into changing cartridges and making the fork a super T....definately get it
I would keep searching around. In my opinion I think there are way better spec'ed out Bighits than that one for about the same price.

Also I wouldn't spend 1000 dollars on that bike.

I just recently sold my big hit DH for about 1200 dollars.

But...... that's just me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.