Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a total newbie buying my first bike for riding in Whistler and I just wanted some opinions on the Devinci Johnson here:

"Devinci Johnson with Rock Shox World Cup race forks, completely overhauled and rebuilt by SRAM in August, Fox DHX 5.0 Rear shock, E13 Chain Guide, Michelin Tires, new bottom bracket, new SRAM x7 derailleur."

http://whistler.en.craigslist.ca/bik/2224727733.html

Good price for CAD $1200 with the upgrades and included gear (considering I don't have any gear)?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mmik said:
Have you biked before? do you know you're going to stick with this?
I have but never on a proper bike, just a $200 full suspension bike from Walmart, just going into the woods a little bit and I find it fun. Also rode motorcycles, including some trail riding for a few years.

I moved to Whistler for the winter sports but since spring is coming, I'm going to need something to keep me entertained through the summer and it seems like the type of sport I'd like.

Is this bike a good value? It seems like the kind of bike I'd want, not pure DH but more freeride.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mmik said:
well it sounds like you better pick up a bike then! sorry I can't help you pick, though.
Thanks. I'm not too picky about what bike to get in the category that I want (Freeride/DH) but more so that I don't overpay for one.

I understand these bikes are very expensive as well as their components and without having spent a lot of time in this sport, I can't tell whether I'm getting a good deal or not so I was hoping someone with more experience can tell me whether this bike is worth the asking price, considering the upgrades etc.

·
EDR
10,046 Posts
If you are certain you want a FR/DH type bike, and only wish to know about that particular style and it's worth then I suggest you post this in the FR/DH forum. Not too many beginners are looking for such a bike.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eatdrinkride said:
If you are certain you want a FR/DH type bike, and only wish to know about that particular style and it's worth then I suggest you post this in the FR/DH forum. Not too many beginners are looking for such a bike.
Will do, thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts