Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was around 10 or 12 my parents got me a Schwinn Mirada with one of those oval cranks and 650B wheels. I don't have much of the bike left, but I do have the frame. I can't believe my parents haven't thrown it out yet? :thumbsup: I was considering building it up as a single speed, but I already have an 81 peugeot that I use as a single speed commuter and around town bike. I was wondering what anybody else would do? right now its hanging up in my garage for me too look at, but I feel I should do something with it. The frame is in good shaped down to the paint. Is this the kind of bike someone else would like to use as a project? I have half a mind to take it down to the LBS and see if anybody wants to build it up, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to part with it yet.

Just kinda wondering what you guys would do with it... Keep it and look at it, build it up for fun, or pass it on to someone who would enjoy it more?

Right now I'm selling off some stuff to thin the fleet so if I do build it up it will probably be a while.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Groffball said:
When I was around 10 or 12 my parents got me a Schwinn Mirada with one of those oval cranks and 650B wheels. I don't have much of the bike left, but I do have the frame. I can't believe my parents haven't thrown it out yet? :thumbsup: I was considering building it up as a single speed, but I already have an 81 peugeot that I use as a single speed commuter and around town bike. I was wondering what anybody else would do? right now its hanging up in my garage for me too look at, but I feel I should do something with it. The frame is in good shaped down to the paint. Is this the kind of bike someone else would like to use as a project? I have half a mind to take it down to the LBS and see if anybody wants to build it up, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to part with it yet.

Just kinda wondering what you guys would do with it... Keep it and look at it, build it up for fun, or pass it on to someone who would enjoy it more?

Right now I'm selling off some stuff to thin the fleet so if I do build it up it will probably be a while.
yes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.