Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Human Test Subject
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So All City put out a promo video for their new color Mr Pink today. It features some hipsters chasing each other between traffic lanes going the wrong way in a 1 way.
allcity.jpg

Should I be pissed off about this? It's in my home town and a few blocks from where I commuted to work. It seems like corporate encouragement of illegal and dangerous riding and goes in the wrong direction of how I want to be viewed as someone who bikes for transportation and fun.

They may have taken all the precautions necessary to film safely, but I don't think that counts for much.

·
Human Test Subject
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did on their Facebook page. I was called "cool" by some dude. I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

·
Based on a true story
18 Posts
It's cyclists doing stupid stuff like what's shown in OPs picture (among other things such as running red lights and stop signs) that make motorists hate the rest of us.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I'm fully in support of shaming idiot businesses. Individuals can be as stupid as they want, but once you start making money off of it, you can go f* yourself.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
If i encountered one of these guys splitting lanes riding upstream while im splitting lanes riding with the flow of traffic yeah id be pissed. And i dont know if id yield to um honestly.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Well no need to be personally upset by this, but it is definitely not something you should agree with either. At least I think it would have been better if they would behave better.

Here in Germany they even have a special name for that kind of cyclists. Translated it would mean something like "battle bikers". Those are the ones that give cyclists a bad reputation.

When I understand correctly, they are breaking all kinds of rules so when they are even publishing it commercially, local police should be able to take care of it?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Saw that video myself when I was researching the Nature Boy. I too felt it was irresponsible to show riders breaking the law or at the very least, riding in an unsafe manner.
Same can be said for this video hosted here: Video: Pactimo ? The Ride - Mtbr.com

Rider leaves in the dark, no lights, and heads out into traffic.

·
Human Test Subject
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I try to be an ambassador for my sport and companies that pull this crap really don't help.

·
Human Test Subject
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Probably something awesome like Radjager

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Of course, car commercials never depict unsafe driving...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts