Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

Okay, now that everyone knows what this color looks like, lets start building up the dream bike! I already finished the black ano XCL, and you can see it on our website. Now its time for the gray!! Please make suggestions and I will order parts as we go along. Remember, money is no object when it comes to a dream bike.:devil:

Here's what I was thinking, feel free to chime in w/ ur own suggestions for color schemes and parts:

Fox Talas RLC 08 or PIKE 454
Gunsmoke Hope Headset
Mavic Crossmax SX
Gunsmoke Hope Stem
Gunsmoke Hope Mono 4s with braided cables and sawblade rotor
Raceface Deus Cranks in Silver
SRAM XO RD
SRAM XO Trigger Shifters
Shimano XTR FD E-type
Thomson Masterpiece Seatpost Silver
Gunsmoke Hope Skewers
CHUMBA Saddle
CHUMBA Seat Collar
CHUMBA Grips
FSA Carbon Bar Gravity OS
Maxxis Ignitors 2.35 F and R

·
Transplant
880 Posts
CHUMBAevo said:
Okay, now that everyone knows what this color looks like, lets start building up the dream bike! I already finished the black ano XCL, and you can see it on our website. Now its time for the gray!! Please make suggestions and I will order parts as we go along. Remember, money is no object when it comes to a dream bike.:devil:

Here's what I was thinking, feel free to chime in w/ ur own suggestions for color schemes and parts:

Fox Talas RLC 08 or PIKE 454
Gunsmoke Hope Headset
Mavic Crossmax SX
Gunsmoke Hope Stem
Gunsmoke Hope Mono 4s with braided cables and sawblade rotor
Raceface Deus Cranks in Silver
SRAM XO RD
SRAM XO Trigger Shifters
Shimano XTR FD E-type
Thomson Masterpiece Seatpost Silver
Gunsmoke Hope Skewers
CHUMBA Saddle
CHUMBA Seat Collar
CHUMBA Grips
FSA Carbon Bar Gravity OS
Maxxis Ignitors 2.35 F and R
Well if money is no object...

Fox Talas RLC
Blue King Headset
Blue King hubs laced to Salsa Delgados or DT 5.1d with black comp spokes and blue nipples
Syncros Gain Carbon Riser Bar
Thomson X4 Stem (black)
Formula Oro Puro or Oro Bianco brakes w/ matchmaker system
SRAM X.0 Trigger
SRAM X.0 Rear Derailleur
Shimano XTR E-Type Front
Truvativ Noir Carbon Cranks
Thomson Masterpiece post (black)
Blue Salsa Skewers
Chumba Saddle
Chumba one-off blue ano Seatpost Collar
Chumba Grips
Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 tires

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

ekoostick said:
Well if money is no object...

Fox Talas RLC
Blue King Headset
Blue King hubs laced to Salsa Delgados or DT 5.1d with black comp spokes and blue nipples
Syncros Gain Carbon Riser Bar
Thomson X4 Stem (black)
Formula Oro Puro or Oro Bianco brakes w/ matchmaker system
SRAM X.0 Trigger
SRAM X.0 Rear Derailleur
Shimano XTR E-Type Front
Truvativ Noir Carbon Cranks
Thomson Masterpiece post (black)
Blue Salsa Skewers
Chumba Saddle
Chumba one-off blue ano Seatpost Collar
Chumba Grips
Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 tires
very nice...:thumbsup: I like your choice on the brakes, have heard a lot of good things about the Formulas....we run them on some bikes here..

·
Transplant
880 Posts
snowdrifter said:
You Hosers,, put the XTR 970 crankset in the mix.
You know what is funny is that I am so against Shimano that I actually had crossed this bike off my list as one to check out. The e-type thing will make it so that I will run it 1x9 but that is cool, if I can do it with the 29" I can do it with this. Maybe someday I will learn to like Shimano again but for now, they are on the bad list.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

ekoostick said:
You know what is funny is that I am so against Shimano that I actually had crossed this bike off my list as one to check out. The e-type thing will make it so that I will run it 1x9 but that is cool, if I can do it with the 29" I can do it with this. Maybe someday I will learn to like Shimano again but for now, they are on the bad list.
We've had great luck with the E-type XT and XTR front derailleurs -- never had a problem, give it a try!

·
Transplant
880 Posts
CHUMBAevo said:
We've had great luck with the E-type XT and XTR front derailleurs -- never had a problem, give it a try!
Nothing with getting it to work, its always just been something that made me mad. They design things so that you have to buy their stuff and there are no ways around it. The XTR crankset this year is the first year they actually use a universal sizing for the rings. You are not locked in to buying really expensive rings when your current ones wear out. Once the freewheel wears out on your XTR rear hub(which usually happens in less then a year), you are locked into buying a new ti one which cost almost as much as a brand new hub. There are many things like this that bother me and have turned me off from them.

Like I said though, things are changing over there and if the continue to change, I may be a Shimano fan again.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

ekoostick said:
Nothing with getting it to work, its always just been something that made me mad. They design things so that you have to buy their stuff and there are no ways around it. The XTR crankset this year is the first year they actually use a universal sizing for the rings. You are not locked in to buying really expensive rings when your current ones wear out. Once the freewheel wears out on your XTR rear hub(which usually happens in less then a year), you are locked into buying a new ti one which cost almost as much as a brand new hub. There are many things like this that bother me and have turned me off from them.

Like I said though, things are changing over there and if the continue to change, I may be a Shimano fan again.
yea, that's understandable, fortunately, i can source XT E-type FD at a very reasonable price that i can ship out with frames...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts