Murica Man
Do it for Dale (#3)
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and this will also be my first xc race FWIW

·
Formerly of Kent
12,194 Posts
You aren’t going to find many adult races that short.

Here are some resources:

They don’t have anything yet b/c COVID.

All of their stuff is TT format, not mass start, this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Go further north in non-Covid time and you find those race alive and well on Weekday Toonies. They tend to be after work club races, super fun, super social. You go to Whistler or Squamish and the turn out is huge and they are seriously fast.

Actually those two clubs organize amazing events, usually your toonie (2$ CAD) gets you a race, a meal, and a beer. A bunch of clubs throughout BC do similar events for XC, Enduro and DH.

·
Murica Man
Do it for Dale (#3)
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IIRC, you’re young enough that one of the local student cycling leagues would be a great option.
i thought about that, i'm just afraid i'd kick to much a$$. /s
good suggestion tho, i will check them out

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
The Budu series Cat3/Beginner races will be 5-7 miles, there's still hopefully 5 of them in the series. The time trial format is working really well, it's actually better than mass start IMO for the tighter start-area courses (Soaring Eagle, Dash Point). The downside is you have virtually no idea of your placing until you finish (except for when the guy in your group who started behind you passes you).
There's a couple of further away races coming up soon: Ancient Lakes in Central WA is not certain yet, I heard there's still some snow on course, I plan to make a last-minute decision based on Snoqualmie pass conditions if it's a go from the promoters. Whidbey is a long drive, but a cool course, and it gets about half the rain that Seattle gets, - a few years ago I left my house in pouring rain, and it was just damp at the park on Whidbey, with just a single puddle on course, and zero rain, Whidbey will be a good place for the TT start, it's usually a little bit tight for a mass start. Henry's Ridge, Stottlemeyer, and KPN 360 are all fun courses too, and not terribly far away.

Wednesday Night Worlds is a great series, the beginner group should be 3-4 miles I would guess, they don't have time on Wednesday evenings to have 3 races if they're all 'full length'.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts