Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been browsing this forums for some time now and I can see lots of people post some rubbish photos and videos, they consider to be cool:) So I decided to join them :) So here is a short clip from our first snow-ride this year:

http://media.putfile.com/winter20

be advised, this is not NWD/Kranked level ! :)

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
way to remind of how cold it is, i really wish it was summer again hahah. good video

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
o yeah it was fun, but I would still prefer warmer climate in winter....

Although we tried to get rid of the snow from run-ins they were still a bit tricky (lots of frozen leaves), but isn;t it a great way to imrove your technique! :)

the tires, so I am using Schwalbe Big Betty and I'm very pleased with them. My friend (blue Bullit) runs Continental Diesel's and he says they suck.

Someone asked about the location. If you find the centre of Europe there is a country calles Poland, and if you find the very centre of Poland, then it's the location with +/- 100km precision :)

Oh and the music is Bullets and Octane - Pirates...

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
austinb89 said:
way to remind of how cold it is, i really wish it was summer again hahah. good video
You want some cheese with that whine :D

Oh and goRz I myself had a great snow ride as well today And that looked like some fun shiat

·
G3Riders
168 Posts
goRz said:
the tires, so I am using Schwalbe Big Betty and I'm very pleased with them. My friend (blue Bullit) runs Continental Diesel's and he says they suck.
Good "winter" tires for such conditions would be Maxxis Swamp Thing or Intense Intruder DH (expensive and not available in Polish stores). For more deep snow, ski resorts or snowy hardpacked hiking trails I'd use somethin like Michelin DH Mud or Panarace Spike or quite good Maxxis Wet Scream. They are however useless when riding icy/frozen dirt/little snow.

pozdrowienia z krakowa, przyjemna ta wasza trasa trasa w wawozie, spore loty!
zapraszam na nasza strone www

as for winter riding, here's my friend doing his first one-footer yesterday :)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yoonior said:
Good "winter" tires for such conditions would be Maxxis Swamp Thing or Intense Intruder DH (expensive and not available in Polish stores). For more deep snow, ski resorts or snowy hardpacked hiking trails I'd use somethin like Michelin DH Mud or Panarace Spike or quite good Maxxis Wet Scream. They are however useless when riding icy/frozen dirt/little snow.
that's right, good Mud tires are good for snow, even hardpacked, but I don't want to spend money on them just to ride 'em few times a year...
pozdrowienia z krakowa, przyjemna ta wasza trasa trasa w wawozie, spore loty!
zapraszam na nasza strone www
we visit your website quite often, when we're planning an all-mountian freeride trips. It's very useful. I wish I lived in cracov, so I could ride as much as you in real mountains:)

as for winter riding, here's my friend doing his first one-footer yesterday :)

These no-footers are fashionable these days ! :) I've switched to flat pedals 2 weeks ago and try to do it myself and have some successes even :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.