Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a frame with:

1) 5-6" travel
2) high single pivot
3) idler pulley
4) DH geometry

The only bike I can think of is the Brooklyn Machine Works FQ Mini, but its got wrong geo, 24" rear wheel only, plus it costs US$3500. I'm coming off a hardtail (PDC Racing Kingpin) with a 6" fork that I've been racing DH with. The race tracks here don't need 10" of travel and I'd like a reasonably light bike (sub 36lbs) that would sprint well, with just enough cush to take the big hits & float over rock gardens. A steel bike would be cool :) but conflicts with my weight requirements.

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
No pulley, but track down a Sinister Splinter MX. They are fully adjustable in terms of geometry (66*-69* HA or anywhere in between), 5"-6" of seriously well designed single pivot travel, they pedal great. I love mine and use it for everything from trail rides to DH races. Set high and steep they are great on tight singletrack. Set slack and low they will haul a** down hill.

·
Shwing
153 Posts
http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/Frames Page.html

The canfield lucky and balance are sick light weight, medium travel bikes. they are also nice for dh/fr. On US open weekend I was up there snappin pics with a friend and who pulls up, Chris Canfield. Well his brother was with him to and he gets a flat. We start talkin to them and he lets me try out his prototype lucky. Let me tell you that **** is amazing feels insane

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.