Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heya,

So I'm searching for a frame that will receive a 130mm fork and 120mm travel on rear.
The intention is to ride it on XC terrain with minimal drops and jumps.

I thought about getting the BIRD Aether 9, but it's a bit pricey. As I'm looking for a 1000$ max frame price (excluding shock etc).

Any ideas? Thanks!

· Registered
167 Posts
Shameless crosspost...
130f120r

· Registered
590 Posts

The Kona is not short travel I guess.

I just built up a 1998 FSR for me, and a second for my daughter. With a 130mm fork and 100mm rear travel it is 68* head tube angle. With the just ordered angleset it will be 66.5*. The frame was $150 . . .

· Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

The Kona is not short travel I guess.

I just built up a 1998 FSR for me, and a second for my daughter. With a 130mm fork and 100mm rear travel it is 68* head tube angle. With the just ordered angleset it will be 66.5*. The frame was $150 . . .
That's kinda overkill ;)

· Registered
821 Posts
I was shopping for a short travel 27.5 bike at the end of last year. Talk about a needle in a haystack. Gave myself a $3k budget but just couldn't find anything. Ended up buying a Polygon Siskiu D7 for $1599. Way below budget but gave me a nice budget to upgrade some parts and stay within budget. Might be the opposite for you it will be over your budget but not way over and you get a complete bike instead of just a frame. Comes in both 27.5 or 29 so gives you options.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.