Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a second bike in the stable for trail riding and some light XC stuff. Already have a good XC hardtail 29er so the intended purpose of this bike would be for more twisty trails, with a bit more gravity (not big jumps or bike park stuff) but more technical single track.

Hoping to still be able to climb repetitively well, but don't need it to be an XC rocket.

Was thinking along the lines of a 27.5 Giant Anthem SX, Trace or short travel 29er like Horsetheif. Budget for $2500.

I'm 5.11, 190 pounds and intermediate abilities. Would welcome your suggestions.

Thanks very much!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Can't compare the bikes you're asking about but I was looking for something similar and went with a 2015 Specialized camber. 110mm of travel allows me to have fun while still keeping up with friends on race bikes. Previous bike was a Niner Rip 9 with 120mm. The camber is a little slower downhill and in rough stuff, but faster everywhere else.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Vote for trance. Quickness is about the rider too. I can keep up with my buddy on a cross bike on my trance. He races too, just so you don't think he's ridiculously out of shape. Kills in the rough as well

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looking for something fun in the tight twisty trails, with some gravity/small jumps. Definitely a 27.5, it is more playful than any 29 I've ridden. I currently have a 5010.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts