Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Elitest thrill junkie
41,032 Posts
It should have pit-viper holder under seat and match sprinter van color.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
18,069 Posts
This one... only $450. Guaranteed to make you a winner.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
18,069 Posts
I want to try a mirrored Power. Lmao!!! I have the much less expensive, non-mirrored Power Comp on all my bikes View attachment 1950793
Nice. Do you recommend?
Assuming so inasmuch as you just said it's on all your bikes.
My GF recently discovered the Specialized Wm's Mimic saddle; loved it so much she bought a second one for her ebike.
Those aren't cheap @ ~$130 USD each.
Spec saddles... I'm suffering FOMO.
=sParty

·
BOOM goes the dynamite!
6,828 Posts
It's funny. I had a short saddle once (Spec Power something-or-other). I liked the concept, but it didn't work with me on longer rides. Ended up with SQ Lab on the gravel bike and I still use the WTB Silverado for mtb since that's just worked for like...forever. Short nose - slightly useful for not catching on loose shorts, maybe?

TLDR - it's still a saddle and it still has to work with YOUR anatomy above all else.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
18,069 Posts
Whoa. Plucked the above from your sig, 006-007. Not sure if you still think it's relevant or you're just joking around by including the link in your sig, but my take on this nearly 9 year old wheel size comparison / shootout is that it's best perceived as an artifact reflecting a time when the sport of mountain biking was perhaps changing at its most rapid pace. I TLDR'd the written copy but did watch the vid. Interesting to say the least.

Bottom line: Two of the three testers rated the 26" wheeled bike in first place; the third tester rated it second place.
The 29er? It came in second, second and third respectively among the same 3 testers.

Have times changed since the shootout was conducted? Have bikes changed during the past 9 years? Uh... there's no doubt the answer to both these questions is a resounding "yes."

Thank you for a snapshot of a distant moment of a sport in rapid transition. Regardless of how irrelevant or even ridiculous the article may appear in 2021, I'm not being facetious when I say thank you. That was a fun glimpse into the sport of mountain biking's not-so-distant yet wholly unrelated-to-today's colorful past. I'm just glad the bikes weren't outfitted with front defailures. :)
=sParty

·
high pivot witchcraft
6,721 Posts
@Sparticus - I butchered your quote trying to post off my phone.

Nice. Do you recommend?
Assuming so inasmuch as you just said it's on all your bikes.
My GF recently discovered the Specialized Wm's Mimic saddle; loved it so much she bought a second one for her ebike.
Those aren't cheap @ ~$130 USD each.
Spec saddles... I'm suffering FOMO.
=sParty
I like the Power a lot but I recently did a deep dive into the saddles you were recommending. FOMO. Lol!

I actually have a few more Spesh saddles too, in addition to the Powers. I love them all. 30 day return too at my LBS, no questions asked. They said that’s a Spesh thing that applies to any retailer.

I have a Phenom Pro on my fixed gear road bike. More importantly though, I have a Spesh Bridge Comp saddle on my Wahoo KICKR bike, that came off my daughter’s new SJ. To be able to sit and spin with no relief for hours - that’s the true test of a saddle (and bibs).

I really love the Power though. It’s never an issue, even on epic rides. And I don’t ever catch my shorts on it. It disappears immediately. I never give it a second’s thought, even after hours perched on it.

I added a Bandit to the Power on my Honzo, which is brilliant in design and function. It bolts to the underside of the saddle seamlessly. It’s incredible in all its glorious simplicity.

Gesture Camera accessory Output device Font Audio equipment

·
Registered
658 Posts
Been running the Power ('expert', so i guess it shaved half a gram or some ****?) on my last two bikes and haven't had a complaint from the taint yet. Generally pretty rocky riding in AZ, on a 2018 stumpy and 2020 enduro.

Thought about trying the Arc version, but for the price, and lack of 'need' to change, I'll just wait til this one is destroyed first.

·
high pivot witchcraft
6,721 Posts
Been running the Power ('expert', so i guess it shaved half a gram or some ****?) on my last two bikes and haven't had a complaint from the taint yet. Generally pretty rocky riding in AZ, on a 2018 stumpy and 2020 enduro.

Thought about trying the Arc version, but for the price, and lack of 'need' to change, I'll just wait til this one is destroyed first.
I tried the Power Arc and returned it. It just didn’t feel as good to me as the OG Power. Everyone is different though.

PS - you may be waiting a while. I have Spesh saddles that have a crap load of miles, with the finish on the rails polished off from my thighs, that are still good as new.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I tried the Power Arc and returned it. It just didn’t feel as good to me as the OG Power. Everyone is different though.

PS - you may be waiting a while. I have Spesh saddles that have a crap load of miles, with the finish on the rails polished off from my thighs, that are still good as new.
Indeed. I've actually started wearing thru a tiny bit near the rearward sides of the saddle (at the widest point) from always hanging off the back of the bike on steep descents, but not nearly enough to warrant a replacement. Ever since I graduated from the childhood habit of flipping the bike upside down to work on it and bought a proper work stand, saddles just seem to last forever. =)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Honestly, and I don't think it'd be any different with other saddles since the shortness is from removal of the nose end vs. typical saddle designs, but I do wish there were more rail towards the back end of the saddle where I used to mount my GoPro to. Ever since switching to the AXS dropper, the combo of the saddle positioning and the big ass battery bulge prevent the mount from fitting.

Water Vertebrate Blue Light Bicycle fork

Your post above reminds me that I've got the MTB Bandit collecting dust though (took it off to rig the camera instead.) I may need to see if I can find some way to mount the camera using the bandit since it sits farther back...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.