Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
,just wondering wat cage lenth derailleur i should get for Urban/DJ/Park n a little bit of xc.I am probably ganner get a 2nd hand sram x9 of ebay or something but wondering wat size cage i should get. I run 2 gears up front ( but might change to 1 up front ) and i'm running 8 gears at the back. If it makes any difference i use a RockMachine Quake 05 model. Need help fast my sram 3.0 is toast and its almost the end of the holidays.
Thanks Heaps Guys
Nick:thumbsup:

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
none, Singlespeed. you'll be much happier. but if you have to go with a RD, I've been useing long cage, had no problems. go with whatever's cheapest.

·
Registered
34 Posts
rolling racer said:
hey im a bit of a mtb noob when it comes to references/phrases wat is your granny gear.
And yes im serious i dont have a clue.:D
Granny usually means smallest front ring with the largest rear, for really steep hills. But sometimes people refer to the small front as granny. If you never use it then go single in front.

Either way, go medium cage for a double up front and short cage for a single up front. So first decide on your gearing, then pick the derailleur cage size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.