Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Texas Tech University is located in the Texas panhandle at roughly the intersection of endless cottonfields and plains, part of the Llano Estacado. It's a pretty conservative place and not a hotbed of mountain biking, but there's this mountain biking media professor who decided to combine a media class with bike packing.

Many people know all about Big Bend National Park in West Texas, but don't know about its state park sister just to the west, BBRSP (Big Bend Ranch State Park), with 311,000 mountainbike friendly acres with many miles of single track and rough two-track roads.

So here ya go. The prof taught his class bike packing and they all went off to BBRSP and made a movie about their 5-day adventure.

My only complaint is that it may not have been the best idea to use a hard-to-pronounce French word to title a film set on the Mexican border, but whatever.

This article, photos and the film showcase the stunningly beautiful BBRSP - and just how big and rugged it is. If you are inclined to go there, don't go in summer -- it's brain-fry hot. November-March are best. From bikepacking.com:

Terroir (film) and The Desplabado Tour

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS, June Bug!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Where was that type of class when I was in school?
My thoughts exactly! I think Prescott College in Arizona has an emphasis on outdoor activities and Colorado Mountain College (with numerous campuses in amazing places) offers a degree in Outdoor Education.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
That wasn't bad at all, in fact, would have been nice to be longer showing some of the stuff that goes on setting up camp, cooking, what supplies/how much you need to bring. Big props to the girl who fell so much and kept getting back up and going again, she should be proud :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.