Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Green Machine
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of questions for you guys riding the Enduro SL w/ the e150 fork. I will eventually need to take it in for their 150hr service. Few questions.

- Approximately how many miles would 150 hours equate to??

- Any shops in the bay area (the closer to Marin County the better) have good mechanics w/ plenty of experience w/ this fork? I know it isn't supposed to be difficult, but I just don't trust people and or novice mechanics to do work on it.

I stopped by a Mikes Bikes and they said that they had never done service on one, but were aware of the scheduled maintenance intervals, they called it the e150 for $150. Does that sound right? $150 to change oil, etc.??

Thanks.

·
just another bleepin SSer
1,459 Posts
I'd call Passion Trail Bikes in Belmont and ask if they have a price for the maintenance. They are much more likely to have worked on it than most of the Mike's Bikes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nor Cal Bikes in Santa Rosa is a Specialized Concept store. They sell quite a few high end Specialized bikes and I am sure that the crew there has been trained by Specialized to work on that fork, as well as anything else that Specialized makes.
Phil

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Heck, it's not like shipping it to Spec. HQ would be that long. Why not just let the big s monkies monkey with it?

(I've never opened one of these forks yet so I have no idea how hard they are to work on. But after servicing Fox/Rockshox/Marz for the past 15 years, they can't be that hard.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts