Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I work for Shop On TV Network. My boss asked me to find some good bike accessories. Do you have any products you could suggest? Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Mitch King
STVN

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Shop On TV Network said:
Hi I work for Shop On TV Network. My boss asked me to find some good bike accessories. Do you have any products you could suggest? Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Mitch King
STVN
Depends. Are you looking to cater to "real" cyclists or the Wally-World crowd? There's a world of difference.

If you're looking to cater to us "real" cyclists, then you're going to find it's a highly competitive market. Between the LBS's (Local Bike Shop) and the internet, there's a lot of great deals and competition. Besides, not many cyclists are willing to sit in front of the TV hoping that you might be selling the part they're looking for. 'Specially if it's only marginally cheaper than what they could get at their LBS or the net.

OTOH: If you're looking to max your profits, then you'd probably have better luck scoring a contract w/ the makers of NEXT, GT, Mongoose, etc bikes and selling those along w/ low end Bell accessories and helmets to those that DO sit in front of the TV all day.

Just my 2 cents

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
You guys should sell the Delwood Kelp gloveless system. I'm sure if you use the search forum and enter "Delwood Kelp" you can find more info.

·
Stay thirsty my friends
885 Posts
The chances of finding a person who frequents this forum watching the Shopping network to buy bike parts is pretty low, stick to catering to the blue hair crowd.

·
Live 2 Ride
6,129 Posts
Depends. Are you looking to cater to "real" cyclists or the Wally-World crowd? There's a world of difference.

If you're looking to cater to us "real" cyclists, then you're going to find it's a highly competitive market. Between the LBS's (Local Bike Shop) and the internet, there's a lot of great deals and competition. Besides, not many cyclists are willing to sit in front of the TV hoping that you might be selling the part they're looking for. 'Specially if it's only marginally cheaper than what they could get at their LBS or the net.
And just to think I got yelled at for saying bad things about walmart bikes and how they are not real bikes in another thread...

Back to topic I guess. I really do not watch TV shopping networks.

·
Registered
551 Posts
How many bikers do you think really sit around watching the shopping channel?

·
Registered
65 Posts
MTBerJim said:
Don't under any circumstances hire Billy Maze
Don't worry about that, they found him dead today.

Brad

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,393 Posts
A link to the hottest about to end auction on ebay, right now.;)

No QVC for me. I ride, work and live too much, maybe when I'm retired and have too much $ to blow on useless crap since I can't ride anymore....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts