Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does ebay have protection against fraud?
What if the seller does not ship the parts?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Always in the wrong gear
2,895 Posts
I order parts from eBay infrequently, but only stores I know (Backcountry, Worldwide, Abaxo, etc) and have thousands of good reviews. it's really no different than going to the BC or WWC website.
I did buy a Fox34 one time from a private seller, but it was kinda stressful and probably wont do that again.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I got a unused 36 elite performance fit4 for 450 dollares shipped.

To clarify, I bought it on flea bay :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I've ordered several items from ebay with no problems, bike parts, watches, motorcycles, gear.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Counterfeits and knock offs are a real problem on ebay, but if you can find a legit seller you can find a good deal. It is also good for refurbished bike electronics.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've had no real problems buying parts on Ebay. I had a Rekon that was bent funny and required extra work to get the bead seated. In some cases you can get stuff that's not in stock elsewhere, most recently an HG driver for a Hope Pro4 hub for me.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You can get a good idea simply by checking a sellers reviews.

I recently received a set of OEM Shimano XT 4-piston brakes straight from China. The parts are legit.

YMMV

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've gotten all kinds of bike parts from Ebay. I haven't been ripped off yet to my knowledge (or if I was, the counterfeits worked so well I didn't notice).

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does rockshox have official store on ebay?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
As long as you buy from folks with many positive reviews. I have never, nor will I, buy form a seller with fewer than 500-1000 reviews and at least 99.5 % must be positive.

I have used all of these:
-Abaxo: almost one half million sales since 2002
-Bikewagon: has 346,000 reviews and started selling on Bay in 1999
-Trail This has been selling on the Bay since 2008 and has 2300 positive reviews in a month and a few hundred thousand total
-Backcountry
-Wheel and Sprocket
-I have bought lots of parts from Planet Cyclery and Bikewagon over the years and will continue to do so.

Overseas shipping is another story. When Thomson was out of every Ti handlebar during Covid I bought from an Asian manufacturing company. Well its been more than 90 days since I paid for it. I'll give it another month and if its a no-show I'll get my $$$ back thru PayPal..

Always use PayPal buyers protection and you are good

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have bought and sold thousands of items on eBay. Read the description carefully and examine all photo’s. I have never had any problems with counterfeit or being ripped off. I have had people not send me items after I paid for them, but have always got my money back. They used to have the best prices on shimano and sram 12 speed chains….

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bought a set of XT M-8020 pedals and they appear to be legit but the right one has a wonky axel and slowly loses grease. I contacted the seller and they said they would ship a replacement but nada after a few months and multiple messages. The original order came in a reasonable timeframe but they’ve gone radio silent. So buyer beware I guess.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts