Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The soil moisture has final increased to the point SWIMBA could start building trails so yesterday we held our first fall trail building day.We were really excited to start construction on the new trail (shooting range) but not very confident people would show up because of the drizzle.

To the 26 people that showed up at AVIMOR yesterday to dig trails in the rain , YOU ROCK! The energy and enthusiasm you brought to stay out in the rain and dig trails for 2-hours in the muck was truly inspirational. You have the heart and the spirit of hard core trail builders and I can’t wait to see the new trails we build and ride together.

And a special thanks to John for the fine brew and Marc and Gina for opening up your house to cook for a bunch of drown rats.

Thanks,

Mike e.

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,018 Posts
Sorry I missed it, Mike. The kid and I were all loaded up and heading out, but figured with the steady hard rain and thunder that it would be cancelled. (It was far more than a drizzle at my house.) I suppose that missing this means I'm not hardcore, but I'd rather introduce my son to trail building when he's not doing it in a downpour! Big thanks to the hardcore folks who showed up and worked in the mud and rain!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More trail days

Earthpig,

No worries. There will be more trail building days out at Avimor. We will probably also have a group ride and looper work out in the Owyhee this fall/ early winter. We will post the events on the SWIMBA Facebook fan page and our website once there scheduled.

Thanks,

Mike e.

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,982 Posts
Facebook? WTF

According to my wife, last night "some dude in a white minivan" dropped off some "loppers" at my house. I kin trim my ragged toenails with em.

Could it have been SantaBoodah?

I'm just sayin'

Attachments

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,018 Posts
Earthpig,

No worries. There will be more trail building days out at Avimor. We will probably also have a group ride and looper work out in the Owyhee this fall/ early winter. We will post the events on the SWIMBA Facebook fan page and our website once there scheduled.

Thanks,

Mike e.
Saw that - November 5. I'll put it on my calendar. No kid that weekend, so I should be there rain or shine (hopefully the latter, as I am not "hardcore." And don't like "rain.")

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trail fairy

I believe the trail fairy in a white Focus (and that's not boff us) left you a present. I guess the fairy probably figured it would make your pillow lumpy so they were left on the front step.

If you like the little loopers maybe the fairy will give you a brand new pair when she get's back to the big box of shiney new loopers.

Happy trails.;)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I am anti facebook and don't often think to check the SWIMBA site but will try to remember to. I had no idea about this trail work happening but would probably have bailed also when I saw the weather coming in. So shameful to admit but tis truth. I like the old days of people posting up here trail work also as I check it often.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True that

I am anti facebook and don't often think to check the SWIMBA site but will try to remember to. I had no idea about this trail work happening but would probably have bailed also when I saw the weather coming in. So shameful to admit but tis truth. I like the old days of people posting up here trail work also as I check it often.
I couldn't agree with you more but Facebook has become the place where a lot of the SWIMBA members have asked us to post stuff. But I will take your suggestion and post on the Idaho forum on up coming trail days.

The Idaho forum has great potential but I'm a little nervous about posting over here becasue the negative vibe that often takes place. But I'm hopeful we have turned the corner on that issue.

Anyway, think you will really like the new trail. We have incorporated a couple of small booters and a 3' drop option just off the trail. It's all about variety!

Mike e.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.