Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to notice all these unusual ads on mtbr.com that don't relate to cycling and typically are fakes to get your info or scams... out of curiosity has anyone actually try to get an xbox 360? or click the Allstate ad?

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
usr666 said:
Starting to notice all these unusual ads on mtbr.com that don't relate to cycling and typically are fakes to get your info or scams... out of curiosity has anyone actually try to get an xbox 360? or click the Allstate ad?
not on MTBR but i got one and spent about 20 minutes filling out a questioner and recieved nothing...oh but they had my email address

·
No Justice = No Peace
1,512 Posts
mailing lists?

I got an MTBR newsletter at my registered email, which would be no big deal, even though I did not request it, but both of my kids have yahoo accounts on this machine, and they both got MTBR newsletters.

If MTBR or the ad services they use are selling or using our info, I am done here.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Lutarious said:
I got an MTBR newsletter at my registered email, which would be no big deal, even though I did not request it, but both of my kids have yahoo accounts on this machine, and they both got MTBR newsletters.

If MTBR or the ad services they use are selling or using our info, I am done here.
Contact gregg if you have questions about that.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Lutarious said:

I haven't received anything. Something else got your email addresses, spyware?

·
vegan cyclocross disco
282 Posts
Be VERY careful with the free offers. the way it works (sometimes) is you can get a free ipod or 360 or something after you complete the companies agenda, which includes signing up for tons of credit cards, magazine subscriptions, other junk and killing your credit. be careful they word things very discretely and it doesn't sound like anything but read the fine print. it's a scam. there was an special on 60 minutes or something similar a few months ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.