Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Week 3 off of the bike and I'm slipping into madness. The weekend's here and I'm sitting in front of this blasted computer whilst my buds are all out playing in the dirt.

Some friends brought over a pile of MTB vids and I watched a few last night...that made me feel even worse.

So, where is What's his Name? Is the soup still poisoned? I haven't learned any new 6 syllable words, or seen pics of gravity droopers modified with whale bones, in far too long.

Please.....shoot me now!

Attachments

·
Alaska Turner Mafia
1,120 Posts
Hey Steve, how about some change in scenery? Here's some self portrait Alaska shots. Maybe this will be a short diversion to help maintain your sanity.

How about it, you other Homers out there slam him with pics from your neighborhoods for his entertainment.

Rando

Attachments

·
My cup runneth over
2,426 Posts
Alaska in CO

Colorado's Front Range Green Mountain from this morning's ride. I accidentally came across a mile marker not having a clue where the trail was:D . The second picture is a tunnel that connect Green Mountain with Forsberg park - that isn't just a 4 ft snow drift, it extends out to the mountain at the same depth. Aqua's going to be back on the trails before any of us here!:madman:

Nice and crusty on top for the most part so going down hilll is manageble right up until you hit a soft patch.... I must have endoed 5 or 6 times onto the snow while being too aggressive:p .

Feelin' a little better Aqua?

Attachments

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Aqua...shoot others, not yourself...LOL! Something odd for us Texas this time of year is the 10+ days of ice, sleet, snow, and rain. Yeah, I know you CO folks are dropping big ol' crocidile tears for us.:D Aqua, you're old like me, so I'm not sure if you're into the computer gaming like many of the youngsters,:rolleyes: , but when I saw this weather coming, which was going to ground me as readily as your busted leg, I went out and bought some PC war games. It hasn't been half bad, as apparently killing, maiming, and blowing up pixelated enemies does seem to take the edge off of being tempted to kill and maim myself over a heavy case of cabin fever. No, it won't last forever, but maybe in the short term some PC murder and mayhem could ease the pain. At least I'm looking to the possibility of riding at the end of next week. Good luck and good healing.

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
hang in there buddy....I've been there. I was almost a full year on crutches after shattering my right heel back in 02. Two weeks of walking around and going to work every day with a shattered heel (so the swelling would go down before surgery). Then close to 6.5 hours under the knife.

That definitely gave me time to think about my riding and now every time I’m on my bike I feel like I’m blessed to be able to ride.

keep that chin up and stay positive...you'll be back in no time!

·
bike weenie
589 Posts
EndoRando said:
Hey Steve, how about some change in scenery? Here's some self portrait Alaska shots. Maybe this will be a short diversion to help maintain your sanity.

How about it, you other Homers out there slam him with pics from your neighborhoods for his entertainment.

Rando
Mmmm... roots....

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Wow That Hurts

The Squeaky Wheel said:
Look on the bright side.

You're in San Diego and can watch the Chargers tomorrow.

Ooooops...my bad. Resume sulking.
I mean I guess it does,I won't know I'm from NEW ENGLAND GOOOOO PAT'S. And no its not Indy's time.........I am however sorry for any rider down and out. Peace..CF.....

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Soup, koolaid, the whole thing is jacked up, like your knee. You need one of those 4 wheel MB's, that would be cool cause you would build some upper body strength and you could kick Dusty's ass for stiring up the homers.

rmac- cool pics, we got out today in the canyon here, fun day but some hikeabike, lots of snow still down here too.

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
El Ching, I can see yer firing pin from the muzzle... :D

I can second the video games suggestion. You can skip thru weeks and months with a few good games!

·
ISO Gems...
549 Posts

Don't let Aqua fool you, is right as Fo mentioned earlier. I think he managed to pedal over a mile in his neighborhood with his cast on. BTW, Winston killer ride today and that dude pictured above (CalEpic) is very lucky to have been able to cruise out under his own power.

D

·
Registered
756 Posts
Winston said:
Hey Aqua, stop making fun of the GD!

(From today's Bell Ridge ride in Socal.)

The rider was fine considering and beat me with ease to the finish of the ride.
T
Gawd, I miss a week of riding and I can't even get along with myself. I can only imagine how your getting thru this. Heal fast.

Was on that ride, with Winston. CalEpics finger looked really bizarre going in 3 different directions. I was already at the bottom of the hill so I got to watch him go OTB from that angle which still looked pretty scary. Aqua you would of loved this ride.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.