Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Washington state and I am looking for a good duel purpose shoe that I can hike and bike with. I don't ride clipped in so that's not a factor. I was looking at adidas terrex swift r gtx cause there waterproof, light, and the sole dosent look to chunky to not work with flats. Are there any other brand of shoes out there that could work? I looked at mavics also but they don't look to flexible.

G

·
I live in Washington state and I am looking for a good duel purpose shoe that I can hike and bike with. I don't ride clipped in so that's not a factor. I was looking at adidas terrex swift r gtx cause there waterproof, light, and the sole dosent look to chunky to not work with flats. Are there any other brand of shoes out there that could work? I looked at mavics also but they don't look to flexible.
For "Dueling purpose" I prefer cowboy boots. For "dual purpose" it kind of depends on the ratio of ride to hike. If you're not concerned with clipping in, a dedicated light hiker from Merrell, Keen or Meindl (with a stiffer sole) might be a better choice. Bike specific I would also consider Salomon.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yep, 5.10 fits the bill you want. I use the Freeriders, when they're toast for the bike, I resole the bottom and they live on as my work shoes (I'm a chef. And the rubber 5.10 uses is far superior to purpose made 'chef shoes').

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yep, 5.10 fits the bill you want. I use the Freeriders, when they're toast for the bike, I resole the bottom and they live on as my work shoes (I'm a chef. And the rubber 5.10 uses is far superior to purpose made 'chef shoes').
How do you resole the bottom?

I too would like to find some shoes suitable for hiking and biking. Those Adidas Terrex look pretty nice but also look like they'd be hot in the summer with no ventilation. That's the problem I've had with hiking shoes in the past.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts