Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

The big problem im getting is with my left foot my big toe seems to be rubbing against the ceiling of the shoe. I usually have to put something in their to stop it rubbing which is a pain. I had a pair of Louis Garneau and Sidi's and they both seem to do the same thing. Im only 18 and I have a pretty small shoe and im pretty sure ive got the right shoe size but its hard while im still growing. I only really get it while im racing long distance and there the races i love.

My question is do people know some good shoes with big toe areas? Something with an carbon soul ideally??

Thanks

·
Registered
783 Posts
Shimanos do have a good deal of toe box room. My feet are two different sizes, the left is a 57 and the right a 56, have you tries one size larger?

Also since you say you're still growing you may think of looking at less expensive non-carbon shoes until you know what fits and what doesn't.

·
SSolo, on your left!
2,577 Posts
....My feet are two different sizes, the left is a 57 and the right a 56, have you tries one size larger?

Also since you say you're still growing you may think of looking at less expensive non-carbon shoes until you know what fits and what doesn't.
Me too....about 1/2 to 1 size difference....have to buy shoes to fit my larger foot and the other is going to be not quite as snug fitting.

Yes, I like my carbon shoes but they are prolly not necessary. Specialized is the only brand of bike shoes that fits me and then I need to buy their green highest arch support insoles to go with them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea i was thinking the bigger shoe size thing but my shoes are already pretty big atm but what i am thinking is those shoe people who fix shoes and maybe they could stretch my current ones just enough

·
Registered
783 Posts
What does "pretty big" mean? Maybe they are too big? If they are "pretty big" why do they need stretching? BTW stretching certain spots is possible to some degree with leather shoes but generally doesn't work so well on synthetic shoes.

It might be worth finding a place to get your feet measured & looked at. Custom shoe store, shoe repair places that do shoe mods, or a podiatrist should all be able to do it for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.