Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
West Chester, PA
5,009 Posts
The insert inside the shoe is usually accessible and replaceable, just take out the insole and see if you can pull it out. You should be able to get a replacement easily from the manufacturer of the shoes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't locktite the screws... I remember when I was tightening I think I stripped it... and it worked for a couple rides until it came out.

Here is the problem... lake cycling has a new website with no contact info. The only contact info I could find was for velticsports.com and the email was undelivered..... These are mx101 Lake shoes... are the inserts pretty much standard?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
I didn't locktite the screws... I remember when I was tightening I think I stripped it... and it worked for a couple rides until it came out.

Here is the problem... lake cycling has a new website with no contact info. The only contact info I could find was for velticsports.com and the email was undelivered..... These are mx101 Lake shoes... are the inserts pretty much standard?
The cleat plates are fairly standard.

There should be two sets of holes in the plate. Just emove the cleat and turn the plate around.

I use antiseize rather than loctite on the threads.

Veltec (parent company for Lake) closed down last month.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Either that or a lot of the time Shimano provide the base plates with the cleats. Alternatively, your LBS should have a bunch lying around somewhere if Shiggy's suggestion does not work out for you.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you ride in watery/muddy areas on a regular basis, I wouldn't use Loctite. You'll never get those bolts back out. A little bit of grease, and regular checking of the bolt tightness should be fine.
Yep, grease is always good on bolts that are subject to water. It will keep the bolt from seizing, and if it is tightened the bolts really should never back out, but checking them periodically is always a good idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.