Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I have two units available for rent, if anyone wants to give them a try: https://shockwizrental.myshopify.com/ Please forgive the website I threw together but it seemed the most efficient way to go about everything. The basic premise is, we two-day ship them to you, you use it all weekend, then on Monday drop it back into the included prepaid return envelope. Like old school Netflix.

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,520 Posts
Nice...
Question is, what is the standard "return time" that it must be back to you. What happens on longer weekends (holidays) and stuff like that. Basically, is the prepaid envelope have tracking on it that would "alert" you to the fact the item has been shipped on Monday after the weekends use? If not, what is the protocol behind it? What if I would like to keep it a little longer to continue some tuning, another rental fee for ~2days of use?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greg, I'm flexible. I'm pushing 40 with a job and three kids and know that we can't all go ride whenever we want to.

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,520 Posts
Greg, I'm flexible. I'm pushing 40 with a job and three kids and know that we can't all go ride whenever we want to.
Yeah no worries dude.. that is why I am asking, just want to make sure that if you have a situation that doesn't allow you to use (like NorCal getting hammered with rain/snow right now) then what would be the protocol behind extended use etc. Something to think about. Don't want to see you get taken advantage of by someone getting one and then holding on to it for a week with the constant excuse "Something came up and I didnt get to use as much" or "I had to cut my ride short because of...." Unfortunately there are those people out there that will.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
You should have some conditions written. Late, how you will charge if someone keeps it , what if it brakes, etc. To cover yourself. Saying youre flexible is gonna come back and bite you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should have some conditions written. Late, how you will charge if someone keeps it , what if it brakes, etc. To cover yourself. Saying youre flexible is gonna come back and bite you.

Jackson, definitely and I appreciate the advice. Will add some clarification/fine print this weekend.

·
Cactus Cuddler
1,818 Posts
Yup - with stuff like fine print - when it doubt: make it inclusive and onerous. If you're under no legal obligation to actually be flexible, then people appreciate it.
Do that -- it works better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
2 unit cost

What is the cost for a two unit rental to do front and rear? I would prefer to do them both at the same time? I did not see the price for that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is the cost for a two unit rental to do front and rear? I would prefer to do them both at the same time? I did not see the price for that.
I was thinking $90 for a week, including shipping. But feel free to give me a ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
That sounds cheap. It'll cost you $20 in shipping and paypal fees. That's 13 per day for the renter. Maybe tack on $10 per day that its late. If you run out of units to rent, send them my way. I wouldn't mind renting mine. Ive used it for 1hr and now its just sitting in my kitchen. Gave me a score of 96% with 100% confidence within the first 30 minutes. Was kinda relieved and anticlimactic but will work wonders for those who doesnt have their suspension dialed.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys, I sold one to a buddy but hit me up if you want to borrow the other one. I'm in Charlotte, NC but spend every weekend in Asheville.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also have a shockwiz that I can rent

$80 for the week or $175 for a month !

Shipping is included for the price.

PM me if interested.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
I also have shockwiz rentals available.

Currently priced at $100 for 1 week (7 days), for Two (2) devices.

The service is still being refined, so check out my website at FeelTheBerm.com for more info or to reserve.
I just completed my 1 week rental of a pair of Shockwiz units from Bryan (Feel the Berm). I ran them at the same time. It worked really well. All the videos on the Feel the Berm site are very helpful and make calibration and use of the devices very easy.

I did three rides with them on. One to experiment and play with the devices, the next for "Playful" tune, and the last for "Balanced".

Going through this I learned a few things:
1) my shock pump was reading 35 greater PSI than what was in the shock (i.e. read 300 PSI and SHockwiz said 265 PSI...later validated when I bought a new shock pump).
2) Running the pair of units on the SAME ride yielded a balanced shock / fork setup. I speculate that running one ShockWiz on two different rides (one Fork one Shock) even on the same trail might yield a less balanced tune.
3) Manufacturer suggested air pressure in forks is too high. This is true for my Fox 36 and also my friends RS Pike (he has his own ShockWiz).

I ride a Horst Link rear suspension (YT Capra 29 2018) and getting the shock dialed in is extremely important to ride quality. My bike climbs much better but still feels plush and responsive as it is designed to be.

I highly recommend Feel the Berm. Bryan was very responsive to my questions and easy to work with.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Thanks Bryon for setting me up with two units for my vacation away. And, for being flexible if needed as I was planning on returning late the day they had to be returned.

Everything worked great, don't know if my hangers are working any better because you can't fix rider inadequacies ;-)

SwizRear.jpg SwizFront.jpg

·
Registered
783 Posts
A big thanks to Bryan at FeeltheBerm for making rental of the shockwiz easy. Shipping was sent fast, USPS had their usual issues but Bryan was in constant contact with updates.

The included printed out directions and suggestions and online video on his site made the installation quick and easy to do. It all these little things that go above and beyond that make the process easy and straight forward

I was never super happy with my rear shock, but after spending time dialing it in with the shockwiz suggestions, I am finally happy with it's performance. So much so that I am no longer considering a new shock.

I would highly recommend tuning your suspension with a shockwiz before ordering expensive parts, it may just save you a ton of cash. And renting them thru FeeltheBerm is the easiest way to do it.

If you are going to rent one, then rent it from FeeltheBerm.com. You really can't beat their service and hassle free ordering and return process.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts