Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey wondering if anyone is trying out shocks other than the fox rp23 or monarch 3.3 on their lt2's. as in manitou 4way or evolvers? dhx5 coils? just curious and post some pics and info on the setup/ thanks!:thumbsup:

·
I fix choppers
993 Posts
Patience grasshopper...

GQOSE said:
Hey wondering if anyone is trying out shocks other than the fox rp23 or monarch 3.3 on their lt2's. as in manitou 4way or evolvers? dhx5 coils? just curious and post some pics and info on the setup/ thanks!:thumbsup:
I am seriously considering purchasing an LT2 and I will run a CCDB on it. It may be awhile before I aquire one though as the lbs I talked to said that the one I want (Ano black medium) won't be available from SC until late July/August. Stay tuned...:devil:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I am also curious on alternative shocks for the LT2. I test rode an LT2 with an RP23, and I liked everything about the bike, except that the small bump compliance was really lacking. I was was two others also demo'ing LT2's (at Downieville), and we all had the same impression-- not very plush on slow speed bumps/hits. We of course had the shock in the open position.

Otherwise, the bike was fabulous. Spot on balance, and I loved the geometry. It handled so well through switch-backs, and the bike was also stable at speed. Very nice. Lateral stiffness over the '07 was huge. However, the LT1 felt much plusher to me.

Has anyone used a different shock or somehow squeezed better slow speed/small bump compliance out of the LT2?

·
Bomber
982 Posts
GMM said:
I am also curious on alternative shocks for the LT2. I test rode an LT2 with an RP23, and I liked everything about the bike, except that the small bump compliance was really lacking. I was was two others also demo'ing LT2's (at Downieville), and we all had the same impression-- not very plush on slow speed bumps/hits. We of course had the shock in the open position.

Otherwise, the bike was fabulous. Spot on balance, and I loved the geometry. It handled so well through switch-backs, and the bike was also stable at speed. Very nice. Lateral stiffness over the '07 was huge. However, the LT1 felt much plusher to me.

Has anyone used a different shock or somehow squeezed better slow speed/small bump compliance out of the LT2?
One of the marketing guys at sc recommended getting people on the float because the propedal on the rp23 is overboard for the vpp linkage.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im mostly curious about a manitou 4way or evolver on a blt2. best air shock available for the best trail bike available sort of thing

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
audi0phile said:
One of the marketing guys at sc recommended getting people on the float because the propedal on the rp23 is overboard for the vpp linkage.
No kidding. I can't imagine ever using the propedal on the LT2. I have no idea how a float compares to a rp23 in open mode. If it's more plush, it's a no brainer.

·
Bomber
982 Posts
GMM said:
No kidding. I can't imagine ever using the propedal on the LT2. I have no idea how a float compares to a rp23 in open mode. If it's more plush, it's a no brainer.
The idea is that the level of propedal in the (I assume) lowest propedal setting float (they come in different settings) is a little lower than the rp23 in the option setting (these also come with a preset level of propedal.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
audi0phile said:
The idea is that the level of propedal in the (I assume) lowest propedal setting float (they come in different settings) is a little lower than the rp23 in the option setting (these also come with a preset level of propedal.[/QUOTE

Thanks.

·
I fix choppers
993 Posts
From the Horses mouth...

...I rec'd this forwarded email from the SC technical rep via my local SC dealer regarding shocks on the BLT2 in reponse to a question as to whether or not I could run a CCDB on it. "looks like mark weir is riding a dhx coil without any issues. dhx airs on small and medium have to be run backwards. and that is all i got right now. we do not know about the can creek double barrel.
thanks
willie k"

I am pretty sure that the CCDB has a slightly more narrow profile than the DHX so I should be okay at worst run it backwards. :devil:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.