Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a 05 5.5 with a 5th Elephant (its all they had in stock) It pedals up and along lovely but seems lack something on the way down. I tend to ride quite hard, although as I'm tall like to be quite smooth, I like to think :) and like the idea of coil as am a DHer (ride an M1 with an elephant) mainly, but not sure. Thinking about upgrading to a Fox shock - initially a DHX Air, until someone said RP3's are better (the TF Tuned peeps in the UK) or as said a coil - DHX or Romic I suppose. I understand I would need a 7.5x2" (190x50mm) length/stroke combo. Any suggestions, experiences, recomendations.

Also intend to get one of the monoblock, either push or intense, so experiences with compatability would be of interest too.

Cheers

·
Registered
412 Posts
kispp said:
Hi Guys,

I have a 05 5.5 with a 5th Elephant (its all they had in stock) It pedals up and along lovely but seems lack something on the way down. I tend to ride quite hard, although as I'm tall like to be quite smooth, I like to think :) and like the idea of coil as am a DHer (ride an M1 with an elephant) mainly, but not sure. Thinking about upgrading to a Fox shock - initially a DHX Air, until someone said RP3's are better (the TF Tuned peeps in the UK) or as said a coil - DHX or Romic I suppose. I understand I would need a 7.5x2" (190x50mm) length/stroke combo. Any suggestions, experiences, recomendations.

Also intend to get one of the monoblock, either push or intense, so experiences with compatability would be of interest too.

Cheers
I'm running a DT Swiss SSD225 which I picked up from Chain Reaction Cycles in the UK. Very good shock for the money (£150)... almost feels like a coil. I haven't missed not having any "platform" yet... though a tuned RP3 or RP23 would be nice.

-sus13

·
Homer's problem child
1,320 Posts
Use the Search Function

Check this out, this is the most recent, but there is probably 5 more threads about the same damn thing.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=202505

Every time you have a question on a frame that has been out for 2 years, it has probably already been discussed in great detail before.:madman:

Use the power of the search function.:thumbsup:

B

·
Registered
412 Posts
Bortis Yelltzen said:
Check this out, this is the most recent, but there is probably 5 more threads about the same damn thing.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=202505

Every time you have a question on a frame that has been out for 2 years, it has probably already been discussed in great detail before.:madman:

Use the power of the search function.:thumbsup:

B
Perhaps we can ask forum admin to make a sticky out the thread you mentioned. I agree this topic comes up very frequently.

-sus13

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.