Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a Transition Bottle Rocket for a DJ/Street/Freeride bike. I'd like to run a shock wilth a really good peddal platform/lockout. Any suggestions?

I know I know go with a HT. Here is the deal. I've gotten so use to my Lenz Sport Leviathan that riding my HT for street and jumps feels bad. The Levi is set up with a Fox RP3 and I've, won xc races, dropped people on road rides, and even table topped it in full xc set up (yes the seat gets hung up on my leg as I try and pull out of the table!)

What I'm looking for is a bike to fill the gap for street DJ and freeride. I'd go with a Transition double but the top tube is way to short. The Bottle Rocket with a Pike u-turn looks the best, if I can find a shock that has a good peddal platform/lock out!

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
What is stock?

If the stocker is a FOX, just have it PUSHed to your needs. They will set up the damper exactly as you want it.

THere is not a shock on the market that is designed to be jumped while locked out, if that ios what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Manitou 4-way, DHX, and Roco TST R are the choices from Transiton that have adjustable platform. The Van R does have a platform, but it is not adjustable, nor does it have bottom out controls, so pushing would be the best option with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.