Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this question on the Ellsworth forum but I only got 2 responses. Was wondering about upgrading my shock from AD12 to a coil Romic or even the EXC designed for the truth so I here. Is it worth spending the money, will it inprove my bikes suspension. I'm 6ft 180lbs do XC trail riding also on the street, but not to much. I've read some of the old threads and was hoping for some new perspective.Sorry to bring up an old topic and thks for your understanding. I'm new to this forum stuff.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
acfsportsfan said:
I posted this question on the Ellsworth forum but I only got 2 responses. Was wondering about upgrading my shock from AD12 to a coil Romic or even the EXC designed for the truth so I here. Is it worth spending the money, will it inprove my bikes suspension. I'm 6ft 180lbs do XC trail riding also on the street, but not to much. I've read some of the old threads and was hoping for some new perspective.Sorry to bring up an old topic and thks for your understanding. I'm new to this forum stuff.
Upgrade .... sure why not. For the sake of science.

Typically coil springs have a more "natural" feel about them that is tough for an air spring to reproduce. By large percentage most cyclists would probably prefer a coil, but given the small weight penalty air shocks are still more prevalent....allthough air springs are closing the gap in terms of technology, and reliability. Personally i think it's worth the thought just for the sake of a back-up. There are many coil shocks worth consideration, however you might want to contact Ellsworth directly to ask them for a recommendation.

good-luck, Chad
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://redbarnbicycles.com/

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
acfsportsfan said:
I would go with a Fox AVA. According to his profile here on MTBR, it's what Tony Ellsworth is using on his Truth. It will ride much better than the AD12.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.