Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
OHV Gansta
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive searched high and low and apologies if this has been covered but what is the eye to eye length and stroke length for my 2012 Element 970 29er?? Is it 6 x 1.25?

thanks in advance

Gary

·
OHV Gansta
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mate your a legend

Thanks so much mate....
I've got a freshly rebuilt 6 x 1.25 rp23 out of a 2008 anthem frame hanging in the shed with a firm rebound tune and firm compression tune low volume air canister... Wondering if that'll be okay for now... I can always change things if it doesn't feel right .....

Attachments

·
ups and downs
15,592 Posts
The Anthem Maestro and the Rocky Smooth Link Element suspension are almost certainly completely different tunings. You should be able to find the ProPedal, compression and rebound tune info on the outside of both shocks. (H, M, L). Rocky uses a H compression damping, so you'll likely blow through the travel quickly on the Element with the Anthem shock.

·
OHV Gansta
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could be in luck then as the rp23 is a high compression tune.... It's not the original shock the anthem came with I swapped it in a few years ago
Thanks again for your help

·
Registered
219 Posts
@rocky:
Hello
I've read the pdf but it seems that for elemet rsl (carbon) the lenght of the shock is the same, 6x1,25 or 152x317 mm? Is it correct?

Thanks
Ernesto

1 - 13 of 13 Posts