Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone here can help me. New to this board, and live Scottsdale. I recently blew out a rear Fox air shock(air now slowly leaks out, completely gone in about 2 hours) and am looking for advice if anyone knows any bike shops in the valley that can fix this without sending it away for weeks. Any help would be greatly apprecieated. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Mutt said:
I'm hoping someone here can help me. New to this board, and live Scottsdale. I recently blew out a rear Fox air shock(air now slowly leaks out, completely gone in about 2 hours) and am looking for advice if anyone knows any bike shops in the valley that can fix this without sending it away for weeks. Any help would be greatly apprecieated. Thanks!
I know where NOT to take it.

I've had good service at Excellent Bikes. They are on the west side, so they are not near by. But they've been real reliable. You might want to call first though. I tried a new LBS recently, and was shocked when they told me they would likely have to send shock back to Rock Shox (Excellent never had to do that). I was even more shocked when they said all it needed was an oil change (actually, I was shocked when I saw the condition the bike was in after reassembly, which is why I'll never got back to them again).

·
sprocket
3,184 Posts
Mutt said:
Call FOX. Order a rebuild kit for your shock. Do it yourself, it is super easy. No special tools required other than a vise. Instructions are on a downloadable video on the FOX website. FOX air shocks should be rebuilt regularly in this kind of dry climate.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Mutt said:
You need an airsleeve rebuild kit. You can get one at a well stocked LBS for about $10 and do it yourself. Fox has the instructions on it at their website.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help! I found the instructions on Fox's website and will order the parts and hopefully install myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts