Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my last few rides I have really been wishing that my shock had compression adjustments. I was just looking around and I have found some really good deals on Fox RC shocks. Would this be a downgrade from the swinger 3 way that I have currently. I was hoping that I could get the shock pushed later down the road but I was not sure if the RC would be an initial downgrade. I know the pushed shocks are excellent and I would really like that so I am just trying to figure it out. Just curious on some options. Also another plus of getting a RC would be that I could upgrade the Big Hit to 8 inches of travel with a longer stroke. Just a few more tech questions- Could you get away with a 2.8 stroke shock instead of the 2.75 and also the rebound and compression adjustments are still active on a Fox RC after is has been pushed right?

Thanks
Also this is not something I plan on doing right now I have just been curious about the Fox RC shocks and Push valving. Looking at future options ya know :)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
MX 887 said:
Could you get away with a 2.8 stroke shock instead of the 2.75 and also the rebound and compression adjustments are still active on a Fox RC after is has been pushed right?
there is no 2.8 stroke shock, it is a 2.75 with the number rounded up. Yes to the second question.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
MX 887 said:
OK so how about the Vanilla RC vs Manitou Swinger 3 way
-durability,dampening,all around which is better.
Thanks
never tried the Swinger, but i doubt the RC alone would be much of an upgrade if any (the RC was designed several years before the Swinger was). I would look into getting a used one to PUSH of the bat.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
MX 887 said:
OK so how about the Vanilla RC vs Manitou Swinger 3 way
-durability,dampening,all around which is better.
Thanks
The RC is way better at getting damp.

I would save some cash and get a DHX.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zedro said:
never tried the Swinger, but i doubt the RC alone would be much of an upgrade if any (the RC was designed several years before the Swinger was). I would look into getting a used one to PUSH of the bat.
OK I understand the new technology and will think about it. I will probably just wait. Just looked like a nice option but it does not seem worth it. I really wish I could get a shock pushed because I like the simplicity of the RC adjustments and can't afford a DHX at the moment. Better start saving
Thanks

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK one other question if I did want to get a RC pushed which deal would I get. Do you need the 170$ one. Also is $100 for a mint condition Vanilla RC a good deal. I am not giving up on this option just yet.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
MX 887 said:
OK one other question if I did want to get a RC pushed which deal would I get. Do you need the 170$ one. Also is $100 for a mint condition Vanilla RC a good deal. I am not giving up on this option just yet.
100$ + 170$ = a cheaper performance shock than anything on the market. I would talk to Darren about the options and assess what your needs are.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
zedro said:
100$ + 170$ = a cheaper performance shock than anything on the market. I would talk to Darren about the options and assess what your needs are.
OK thanks I will look into it. If I sent a shock to Push how long would I be without it?
Also does Push change the spring based on leverage ratio and rider weight or do they only do internal work and I would need to get the right spring?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
MX 887 said:
OK thanks I will look into it. If I sent a shock to Push how long would I be without it?
Also does Push change the spring based on leverage ratio and rider weight or do they only do internal work and I would need to get the right spring?
Thanks
call PUSH, i dont work there

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
MX 887 said:
Twas just a general question for people who have had the upgrade done.
well the wait times will obviously vary, turnarounds are supposed to be quick but who knows at season start. I dont know if he also sells springs, but you can buy those anywhere anyways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.