Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
No Fear
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I want to know .In Boxxer Ride 05 what does the right leg rely on while going down its travel .It doesn’t have any MoCo or orifice on the right leg . Is all the forceson the left one during compression?
Second : How could I know a Marzocchi 66 RC2X 07 is 150 mm or 170 mm travel .I have measured the stanchions .They are 176mm from dust seals to crown.

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
SABER_MTB said:
First I want to know .In Boxxer Ride 05 what does the right leg rely on while going down its travel .It doesn't have any MoCo or orifice on the right leg . Is all the forceson the left one during compression?
Second : How could I know a Marzocchi 66 RC2X 07 is 150 mm or 170 mm travel .I have measured the stanchions .They are 176mm from dust seals to crown.
I've got an 06 Boxxer Ride. Starting in 05 they went with a spring in the left leg and damping in the right leg. All the newer Boxxers, except the all air world cups use this setup.

I believe the 07 66rc2x is 180mm travel. Axle to crown length should be 565mm. You must be looking at an 06 which would be 555mm A-C.

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
SABER_MTB said:
First I want to know .In Boxxer Ride 05 what does the right leg rely on while going down its travel .It doesn't have any MoCo or orifice on the right leg . Is all the forceson the left one during compression?
You will also need to make sure the fork is topped out before measuring; MZ forks are super sticky when new and I have seen them stick up to an inch into travel at rest.

07's are spec'd as 180mm

·
No Fear
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My friend will be back from Malaysia this Wednesday at last .and has some new choices for me .The Marzocchies are all out my budget .except the 66RC2X .
He had bought Some Boxxers from a cool sale too .World cups for 900 $ and Teams For 750 $.
He is a good friend of mine and we have done much foe each other so he told me : for you the prices will drop a lot.
But there are some points the Teams will be here in Iran in a month and my discount would be 70 $ making it 680 $.
But the World cups would be ready and my discount on them would be 150$ Making the World cup 750 $ for me. Why so much discount ? I have always bought and advertised his newest and most valuable items . Many times for several riders I have been the persuasive factor for buying some items he had problems in selling them .Like Fox RC 40 – Foes Fly – 888RC2X – 66RC2X – Stinky’s and…………so as I told you we have done much for each other and will.
A world cup worth’s much more than 750 $ and uses higher technology than Team.Want do you think ? I wont prefer a World cup over the Team for 70 bucks .
The only thing in my mind giggling me is that would the solo air system stant jumps and drops .And run smooth with out failure in freeriding conditions .Or is it just made for DH?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Don't be a butt, we all know what he is talking about. Gosh! Hopefully, someone with some useful commentary will chime in and help you out, but from my understanding the Boxxer is not the best choice for freeriding. I will go ahead and say it, tell us the type of riding you do and what type of bike it is. You should get more responses with this info.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Man get the teAM IS EXACT SAME FORK THAN THE WOLD CUP BUT WIT A COIL SPRING INSTEAD OF AIR. It is goilg to be more reliable and the weight difference is no critical if you are not raicing world cup or you are not a experienced Dh racer as SMT is.
Bout the crunchin noise on the 66rc2x. you need to do a quick fix shown here:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=226080

·
No Fear
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I cant wait for them as their delivery date is completely unpredictable . It took me a month to complete all my stinky parts although it was a complete bike but for importing the components my friend has so much problems with air ports ‘ costumes ‘ and………
Having in mind that the forks are completely guaranteed for any damage for a year also having a CNC operator friend who could machine all the internals from plastics (the O-rings are available everywhere) I think about the word cup with more confidence.

By the way what are the positives and negatives of coil and air springs?
For starting
Air + Light –non linear – adjustable
Air – Consuming parts orings seals –Air leakage
Coil+ Simplicity
Coil – weigh – not adjustable on trail (on boxer team/race)
any more?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I know whats feel to live in a country where there are no good bike aparts aviable.

Advantage of the air system is that you dont need to go buy a differnt spring rate if the stock do not suit you, jut a shock pump and you can tuen the fork for a 60kg rider toa 150kg one. But for me Its better coil because you can adjust spring rate and preload separately. with air as you decrease the air pressure you lost preload.
with a coil fork you can run a soft spring with preolad so you don't dive in the first part of the travel.
I prefe coils beacause are more reliable.

Fvking weight difference is not that important since is minimal when you taking about forks with Ti springs, (fox 40, travis, 888wc)

·
No Fear
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Who said we don’t have good bike parts in Iran?
Yeah you were right if it was 2 years ago we only has Giant stock bikes. But we have a LBS here .We call the owner Mamad 47 .He is in contact with big bike shops in Malaysia ‘ Singapore ‘ Taiwan and……All the parts we buy from him is guaranteed for a year with no comprise. Right it would take a bit long to get the parts a week or two even a month but we can have them at a reasonable price here.
And we have some good parts here you might not think of it .The top ones are some such as
Marzocchi: 66RC-RC2X-888RC-RC2X-RC2-Junior T-Dropoff IV- Triple ……………
Fox : DHX 3-4-5 –RC40-Talas
Aivd : Juicy 7-ultimate – Code
Rock Shox :Sid world cup –Boxxer race Team World cup
Foes : fly
Yeti :303-RSX
Canondale :f800 –f1000- Judge
And a million of other good stuff I cant list .Their not only in the capital .
We have XC communities in all cities and towns and parts are available all around the country. But hard core freeriding and DH racing is limited to under 10 cities .Although all kinds of parts ‘components and gear could be found easily in them.And the communities are tight.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Of course that if you got the $$$$ you can get good stuff doesn't matter where the fVck you are.....but if you want a I9 wheelset, a avalanche shock, or something a bit more exclusive u are preety fvked up. you know what i mean.
How do you make to ride over there? do you use any kind of special tires for the sand? do you use camels as shuttle veichles? Any nuclear boomproof armors and pads over there!!??

cheers

·
No Fear
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Ahh F***out my friend has cargoed my Boxxer WC in a container and god knows when it will be here maybe ill pick up the
66 RC2X.
What do you think can you estimate its travel is it 150mm travel or 170mm.

Attachments

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
SABER_MTB said:
Ahh F***out my friend has scargoed my Boxxer WC in a container and god knows when it will be here maybe ill pick up the
W RC2X.
What do you think can you estimate its travel is it 150mm travel or 170mm.
Certainly 170mm with that much stanchion showing and a 560mm A-C. Most, and all of them that I've seen, were 170mm in 06.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.