Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, i have the prophet 600, and I'm fairly new to the DSuspension tech, on the Manitou Radium R Air, what are the knobs on the shock for,

One says for the Main, and the other says Rebound, I don't know what either of them do? I still have it like me LBS gave it to me, he said something about filling it with air, I wasn't paying to much attention (because I was so excited about getting bike)

So can you guys school me, Rebound, Main what do they do, and for the hell of it, can you explain the knob on the lefty as well too (remember I have the 600, I noticed most of the guys have the Prophet 1000, and up) so I know your components are more high end than mine

Thanx fellas

·
cannondale rider
162 Posts
i have a 600 to and was new til my lbs explained it. the main is where you put the air in the shock, unscrew the cap and hook a shock pump too it and pump it to the right air pressure, and guideline for weight to air pressure setting should have come with you bike. the main is the black one. the rebound is the blue one. it turns and as it turns it clicks. the rebound controls how fast the shock compresses and returns to it original state. at one extreme it bounces back very quick and the other much slower. the same guide should have settings for the amount of clicks in the rebound to your weight. these are just guides, so play with them until you get it right. hope that helps

·
Poser
263 Posts
Rshank has it mostly right, except for the guide that comes with the bike is not really on the money with the numbers they give.

Ruben, here's what you do:

1-Get a shock pump.

2-What you call "main" is the Schrader valve where the shock pump connects. Connect the pump.

3-You want enough air in the shock so that it only compresses about one half inch when you're sitting on the bike. Note I said the SHOCK should only compress .5 inches...not the overall height of the bike. You want the rear end to sag approx 25% of it's entire travel with your body weight on it.

4-The same goes for the Lefty, except you don't adjust it by air. You want the front to sag about 25% also, but you'll have to have a shop adjust it for you...it involves removing the top cap of the Lefty and turning a few rings.

If the shop gave you the bike without seeing if everything was properly set in the first place, I wouldn't have too much faith that they know enough about Leftys to do this for you. If you think this is the case, find another CDale dealer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanx

Guys thank you very much, those were great explainations. I'm glad to know my bike a whole lot more know. I will definately play around with the settings until I can dial them in to my likings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.