Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first dive into F/S bikes!! I've just bought a used Specialized Enduro Expert for my son (anxiously awaiting my Yeti to get here!!!!)and the seller pointed out a worn DU bushing on the lower end of the shock(5th element) No problem I thought.... Took it apart today and there is no DU bushing there. The pivot just passes through the lower eyelet with reducers on each side and there is plenty of up/down play of the pivot in the shock eyelet. It doesn't appear that any bushing would fit into the shock and still accept the pivot bolt. Is this just the design of this shock? Does it use just reducers or is something missing? If so , that's kind of substandard designing. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok..so no takers on this question. After some searching around I've found that this is evidently the design of this shock(love Specialized...hate this design!) The IFP chamber won't even hold any air...kinda like riding pogo stick, oh well. Has anybody replaced the rear shock on an 05 Enduro expert with anything other than 5th element? (I get 8.5x 2.5 measures) If so, what did you use? Does anyone have a used air or coil that they would like to part with? Thanks for your viewing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.